The Authority Oversteps The Mark?

JennyMorgan

Just now, smellyloo said:

I suspect that many more people enjoy this space now than under it's previous guise as grazing marshes.

If that is your opinion I am glad you enjoy it. I have happy, childhood memories of how it used to be.

I very much doubt that anybody would create such a facility without some kind of monetery return.

But the monetary return had already been skimmed off before they were conveniently called "broads". In addition no money was spent on returning them to a "broads - type" level of water which has left them as ancient, deep, gravel workings in which innocent members of the public have already drowned.

23 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

In addition no money was spent on returning them to a "broads - type" level of water which has left them as ancient, deep, gravel workings in which innocent members of the public have already drowned.

I may be wrong but wasn't the tragic drowning in the little broad outside the cordened off "safe swimming" area? 

This has led to a no swimming order. Whilst i don't doubt that the broads at Whitlingham are deeper than most existing broads they are no more dangerous to life than the rivers or Broads of the existing system.

• Thanks 1

I may be wrong but wasn't the tragic drowning in the little broad outside the cordened off "safe swimming" area? 

This has led to a no swimming order. Whilst i don't doubt that the broads at Whitlingham are deeper than most existing broads they are no more dangerous to life than the rivers or Broads of the existing system.

That was indeed the case, was it the gravel pits just before Commissioners Cut?

Regards

Alan

Both great and little broads at whitlingham have had a loss of life as had the gravel out at Thorpe marsh's , Thorpe marsh's are cordoned off now as I believe the little broad is a whitlingham although the canoe club do use it as where they are is I'm sure the only access point , the great broad is used for water sports via the outdoor centre and also open swimming , after the tragic drowning at Thorpe marsh's BA did an immediate check on the great broad most likely due to the public having access , and new signage was installed .

Im not so sure that the great broad is only as deep as any other broad I have been told in the past it very deep in fact the fire brigade use it also for diving training , that said there have been far more tragedy's on the rivers between Norwich and Thorpe marsh's .