Easy Haddock In Tomato And Onion Sauce.

thingamybob

Although I am not on the boat at present I have just knocked up this delicious little very healthy snack in my kitchen. It could easily done on a boat even with the most basic cooking facilities.

This is for one portion so just multiply if you want more. The snack could be just a snack or a starter or the centre of a nice salad with new potatoes, coleslaw and salad leaves.

Take half of a small onion (about two tablespoons in volume) and chop into shreds. Fry gently in a teaspoon of rapeseed oil, when transparent add two medium size chopped tomatoes and a couple of tablespoons of water (you could use white wine) and cook gently until the tomatoes disintegrate. The add a small fillet of haddock or any white fish and cook until the fish is done. I added a pinch of sea salt, a good twist of black pepper and a couple of fresh basil leaves. Just add what you want in regards to seasoning, I think a pinch of dried oregano may go well with this dish.

Serve in a small dish as pictured here.

Ah! Deep Joy!   

100_1194.JPG