Triple Mooring Thread

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

I don't know but perhaps it was derogatory to a justifiably popular member who is also a forum sponsor. If so then I regard that as regrettable but also understandable. However that is only a guess and if it has been deleted then I would have expected you to have received an e-mail of explanation.  

• Like 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
6 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I don't know but perhaps it was derogatory to a justifiably popular member who is also a forum sponsor. If so then I regard that as regrettable but also understandable. However that is only a guess and if it has been deleted then I would have expected you to have received an e-mail of explanation.  

That's the thing, it's just disappeared with no explanation. I don't think it was derogatory to Clive.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
2 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

The topic has been currently hidden while the moderators decide if contravines forum guidelines.

Regards

Alan

Really? There was no pictures, no precise names of boats. There's a thread here with a picture of a Broom boat that shows a whole lot more detail about an incident that happened. C'est la vie.  

The moderators here in the NBN really are just that, they are 'Moderators' nowhere near like the censorship brigade 'My way or the Highway'   of    A.N Other place.       Once they have managed to have a look at it and decide between themselves, I'm confident we will get an explanation.  And as Grendel states, they are all volunteers who look after us / site in their own time.  Whatever they decide they have my vote

Griff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
11 minutes ago, grendel said:

Give the moderators a chance to discuss it and decide, they are all volunteers and have to fit their visits here into their daily life too. I am sure whatever is decided you will be informed of the results.

I guess you're right, we're all busy people, so why spend 10mins writing a post only for it to disappear without a trace, or the common courtesy of a message saying why? Someone had the time to decide that the post needed hiding, a simple pm at the time or perhaps even a pm asking for part of the post to be changed might have helped, but nada. Instead people are now probably trying to guess what was so bad that the thread had to be pulled. Well the truth is, nothing. I've seen and read much worse here. Guess when someone deems me worthy of an explanation I might understand better.

6 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

The moderators here in the NBN really are just that, they are 'Moderators' nowhere near like the censorship brigade 'My way or the Highway'   of    A.N Other place.       Once they have managed to have a look at it and decide between themselves, I'm confident we will get an explanation.  And as Grendel states, they are all volunteers who look after us / site in their own time.  Whatever they decide they have my vote

Griff

Mmm "my way or the highway " what very true statement that is , here is a much nicer place IMHO :default_biggrin:.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
Just now, Ricardo said:

Mmm "my way or the highway " what very true statement that is , here is a much nicer place IMHO :default_biggrin:.

Out of interest, did you get any notification when your post disappeared along with the thread?

I am a moderator on a volvo forum, when we get spam postings there, my first practice is to remove the offending threads from view - generally I find we have had a rash of 20 spam postings from the last time I checked, so it has to be dealt with in bulk.

if I am short of time then it will be left until later to go through it and suspend memberships etc to stop them posting more.

This case is different to that, but general principles are the same, if there is a possible problem, remove the post from site, then get on with sorting it out, if you see something just as you are logging out to go to bed, you might just have time to hide it to sort in the morning.

So I will apologise on behalf of the moderators here, for not notifying you that the thread was being hidden, sometimes even the best of us have bad memories, or are just too busy, but as I said above, once they have come to a decision I am sure you will be informed.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
12 minutes ago, grendel said:

I am a moderator on a volvo forum, when we get spam postings there, my first practice is to remove the offending threads from view - generally I find we have had a rash of 20 spam postings from the last time I checked, so it has to be dealt with in bulk.

if I am short of time then it will be left until later to go through it and suspend memberships etc to stop them posting more.

This case is different to that, but general principles are the same, if there is a possible problem, remove the post from site, then get on with sorting it out, if you see something just as you are logging out to go to bed, you might just have time to hide it to sort in the morning.

So I will apologise on behalf of the moderators here, for not notifying you that the thread was being hidden, sometimes even the best of us have bad memories, or are just too busy, but as I said above, once they have come to a decision I am sure you will be informed.

Sorry Grendel, Am I reading this correct, that you pulled the thread? because the thread certainly wasn't spam and your potentially just teasing people even more about why the thread may have been pulled.

I have a lot of sympathy with Kingfishers Time, as a newly invited full member of this forum.

We don't know what he said about the triple mooring (yet) although I notice Ricardo's - strong - objection was not removed.

I would like to quote what Griff said under the photos that he posted - "Which blocked the river to any other watercraft completely as the the other arch has shallow water under it."

The actual circumstances of this notwithstanding, I suggest that if the team have decided to moderate this discussion, then a decision should be sooner, rather than later.

No, I was saying I pulled threads over on the volvo forum, In fact since I posted here I went over there and had to remove 5 spam threads over there.

As I am not a moderator here, I dont have the authority to remove  / hide threads here, I am just one of the tech team that sort out the back room / software issues on the forum.

All I was trying to say was that if there are any issues with a thread ( for any reason), the first action is to hide it (make it invisible) to anyone but the moderators.

I wasnt saying your thread was spam - far from it.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
Just now, Vaughan said:

I have a lot of sympathy with Kingfishers Time, as a newly invited full member of this forum.

We don't know what he said about the triple mooring (yet) although I notice Ricardo's - strong - objection was not removed.

I would like to quote what Griff said under the photos that he posted - "Which blocked the river to any other watercraft completely as the the other arch has shallow water under it."

The actual circumstances of this notwithstanding, I suggest that if the team have decided to moderate this discussion, then a decision should be sooner, rather than later.

Just to clarify Vaughan I actually started a completely different thread yesterday afternoon about three boats triple mooring in Hoveton twice over last weekend and one of them striking a bridge. It is this thread and a reply by at least one person, Ricardo, that has disappeared. I'm aware of Griff's thread and he's excellent picture of triple mooring in Norwich, but I have made no comment, or had none removed from Griff's thread.

Griff has also posted somewhere (I forget now) that they were only triple moored for a few minutes as a photo opportunity, and were watching the river while they were thus moored. I recall the incident in the hidden thread was a different one to that.

Just now, KingfishersTime said:

Just to clarify Vaughan I actually started a completely different thread yesterday afternoon about three boats triple mooring in Hoveton twice over last weekend and one of them striking a bridge. It is this thread and a reply by at least one person, Ricardo, that has disappeared. I'm aware of Griff's thread and he's excellent picture of triple mooring in Norwich, but I have made no comment, or had none removed from Griff's thread.

Well there we are, that just shows how confusion can multiply! So I wish you well with your thread and will await the reason why my post was removed from another one.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
Just now, Jonzo said:

Discussion is ongoing - Please allow the team time to reach a conclusion as there's a number of things they're looking at.

With all due respect, would someone care to contact me with their concerns? You are all making this sound like I've committed some cardinal sin.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

In the meantime, since I clearly am not able to see my posting anymore would you do the courtesy of PMing me the contents of my post so I can recheck it.

16 minutes ago, grendel said:

Griff has also posted somewhere (I forget now) that they were only triple moored for a few minutes as a photo opportunity, and were watching the river while they were thus moored. I recall the incident in the hidden thread was a different one to that.

Yes he did say that it was only a couple of minutes but not in the original post , in the original post it came across that said boats had been moored and everyone went to the ribs of beef , and that's the only reason I said what I did , it was only in a later post that it was stated it was for a few minutes , iv seen lots of boats usually yachts double moored there in the past but they don't effectively close the river to others , had it been stated that it was for a short time I wouldn't have posted regarding it but that's not the case originally . 

2 minutes ago, KingfishersTime said:

In the meantime, since I clearly am not able to see my posting anymore would you do the courtesy of PMing me the contents of my post so I can recheck it.

Jonzo, I think this is only fair. If Kingfishers Time had got a simple notification from one of the mod team (the duty mod?) to say that his thread was temporarily withheld to make sure it met guidelines, then he would probably have not started this new thread, and I would certainly have not been caught up in it, assuming we were talking about something else.

We the members, of course, are now wondering what is going on since we never saw what he said in the first place!

• Like 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
5 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Jonzo, I think this is only fair. If Kingfishers Time had got a simple notification from one of the mod team (the duty mod?) to say that his thread was temporarily withheld to make sure it met guidelines, then he would probably have not started this new thread, and I would certainly have not been caught up in it, assuming we were talking about something else.

We the members, of course, are now wondering what is going on since we never saw what he said in the first place!

I now have a copy of the original post. To be honest I posted this new thread because I didn't actually think the post had been moderated, hence asking the question in site technical chat and genuinely wondered what had happened to it. Let leave it to the moderators for now. :default_sad:

1 hour ago, KingfishersTime said:

Out of interest, did you get any notification when your post disappeared along with the thread?

Not sure if you mean this forum but regarding the other place no I didn't more did I get a response to an email to the site owner , I really don't want to get into forum wars as it were because I like it here , my point was I have experienced exactly what Griff did .

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
2 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Not sure if you mean this forum but regarding the other place no I didn't more did I get a response to an email to the site owner , I really don't want to get into forum wars as it were because I like it here , my point was I have experienced exactly what Griff did .

No I wasn't referencing any other forums.