Inflation!

Yesterday while sitting in the cockpit reading the papers,we heard a small explosion followed by a hissing noise. Investigation found a life jacket laying on a shelf in the forward cabin had inflated. Anybody got a possible explanation for this? The other life jacket laying on the same shelf is seemingly unaffected. Both jackets have been kept on the shelf for ages.

Carole

3 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Carol,

Check the date on the activators, usually there is only a couple of years service on them, ours are due again this year, so I will be checking the dates when I am on the boat next week (I am on the boat from Tuesday) if you want to pop up staging I will have a look for you.

Regards

Alan

Clearly they both need attention where we take them for this?

Carole

5 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

All sound advice above yet the only image currently stuck in my head is the episode of Only Fools and Horses with the blow up dolls that kept inflating automatically... 

Was just watching the "Making of " behind the scenes documentary series  (episode 2) of this on Gold last night. Had us in stitches...... again 

They also had the chandelier episode on it.

just classic