Better Behaved Boaters Down South

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

I knew it anyway, and now the figures confirm it. The Southern boaters are a much better behaved bunch :default_eusa_naughty:

Verbal Warnings for Speed North 2934 :default_icon_eek: South 426 :default_icon_clap:

Blue Book Warnings for Speed North 102 :594c04ff2c94f_default_policesmiley: South 14 :default_trophy:

Pure angels compared to the North riff raff

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Average HP per boat in the South =?

Average HP per boat in the North =?

Warnings per HP figures?

It  still show we are angels in the South :default_rofl::default_icon_liar:

We moved down south. It was that or give up the boat. Th stress of travelling the Ant was getting to be unacceptable.Certainly do not regret it, it seems like a different world. I think maybe that boaters on the southern rivers are just not so stressed. Plenty of moorings , wide rivers, stunning scenery. There are a few idiots but nowhere near as many as on the northern rivers. Don't shout too loud in case everybody migrates.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
6 minutes ago, grendel said:

Boats in circulation in the North =?

Boats in circulation in the South =?

To be fair, there are probably more boats in circulation in the South because we don't have to be moored up by 2pm to guarantee a mooring for the night :default_rofl::default_eusa_dance:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
1 minute ago, Polly said:

Dunno, it sure didn't look that way over the last few days of August......very quiet in the south, busy busy ooop north.

And Upton moorings and  White Horse pretty busy Bank Holiday Monday.

Although you do get some very dodgy sailys, and the odd dodgy mobo frequenting there. :default_beerchug:

42 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

There be monsters down south.  :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Not too sure about monster's but there is the odd eccentric including me , I mean OK dog onboard that's not so bad but recently be joined by a pigeon , and as much as I release him he just comes back , his name is Dave ( don't ask ) but back to boating , yes its far more relaxed hence I will only ever be seen up north out of season as the idea of having to moor to a clock deffinatly doesn't appeal to me at all , time for the coat me thinks :default_coat:

8 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Not too sure about monster's but there is the odd eccentric including me , I mean OK dog onboard that's not so bad but recently be joined by a pigeon , and as much as I release him he just comes back , his name is Dave (don't ask ) but back to boating , yes its far more relaxed hence I will only ever be seen up north out of season as the idea of having to moor to a clock deffinatly doesn't appeal to me at all , time for the coat me thinks :default_coat:

He's probably a homing pigeon.....:4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right, calling all hirers, including stag and hen parties (especially stag and hen parties) head South, there are no monsters or sailors that eat babies just plenty of moorings, beautiful scenery and loads of pubs to have a pub crawl, give these Southern softies something to moan about :default_norty: :default_party0010:

Grace

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Right, calling all hirers, including stag and hen parties (especially stag and hen parties) head South, there are no monsters or sailors that eat babies just plenty of moorings, beautiful scenery and loads of pubs to have a pub crawl, give these Southern softies something to moan about :default_norty: :default_party0010:

Grace

:default_biggrin:  Oh Grace your so funny, but seriously people could get hurt.

Therefore everyone, stay up north where it's safer. We will let you know if it ever becomes better down here.

18 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Grace

Grace,  stag parties miss the moorings as they go full steam ahead for Norwich. :55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
21 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Grace

Fellow Southerners, I think we need to install a turn marker directing all traffic to Haven bridge as it exits The Bure :default_swordpir::default_eusa_naughty: 

Cannot have those Northerners messing up our figures :default_icon_eek:

33 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Grace

Moan we don't moan :default_biggrin: what's to moan about , Dave the pigeon is in a proper flap now you mentioned hens coming south :default_biggrin:, na best keep em all north I recon there ain't no 

pubs here ( honest ) .

Relaxed down south? Last time I visited with Ellie I got into a bout of fisticuffs with a pair of undesirables at Beccles. These wasters brewed something in an old spoon right behind our hire boat in the yacht station, injected it and then decided they would climb aboard our boat and help themselves...while we were on it. While I was delivering an object lesson, my better half smoked my last cig to calm her nerves without telling me. The police arrived and removed the battered thieves and suggested we move out of the basin as there was still light and no one on duty at the Yacht Station. We moved moorings out of the Yacht Station and found some BA moorings down the river, where I discovered that someone had smoked my last cig.

Armed with the map of the waterways I set off into the night on foot in search of a shop, garage or pub. None to be found. I did get pulled by the local rozzers, one of which called me 'son' neither of which told me where the nearest shop was, they just suggested I go back to the boat. Getting up mega early was a mistake as we passed the greened and mired hulks of abandoned boats that littered the waterway, something I came to recognise as the signature of 'darn sarf', as I headed for WRC.

The bloke at the mooring there insisted on helping moor in the process wrapping a rope around my leg which he then pulled on, pitching me over the side. Hanging on with my fingers I got back onto the boat. Ellie had the good sense to immediately abandon ship and returned quickly with an Oz of tobacco, twenty Benson and Hedges and from somewhere she had rustled up a half bottle of Jack Daniels, some bacon and a bread loaf.

On the whole, I found the southern broads a bit...jaded...would be the polite term to use I think. I understand they have moved quite a few of the hulks so I will visit again, this time with Royal Tudor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Relaxed down south? Last time I visited with Ellie I got into a bout of fisticuffs with a pair of undesirables at Beccles. These wasters brewed something in an old spoon right behind our hire boat in the yacht station, injected it and then decided they would climb aboard our boat and help themselves...while we were on it. While I was delivering an object lesson, my better half smoked my last cig to calm her nerves without telling me. The police arrived and removed the battered thieves and suggested we move out of the basin as there was still light and no one on duty at the Yacht Station. We moved moorings out of the Yacht Station and found some BA moorings down the river, where I discovered that someone had smoked my last cig.

Armed with the map of the waterways I set off into the night on foot in search of a shop, garage or pub. None to be found. I did get pulled by the local rozzers, one of which called me 'son' neither of which told me where the nearest shop was, they just suggested I go back to the boat. Getting up mega early was a mistake as we passed the greened and mired hulks of abandoned boats that littered the waterway, something I came to recognise as the signature of 'darn sarf', as I headed for WRC.

The bloke at the mooring there insisted on helping moor in the process wrapping a rope around my leg which he then pulled on, pitching me over the side. Hanging on with my fingers I got back onto the boat. Ellie had the good sense to immediately abandon ship and returned quickly with an Oz of tobacco, twenty Benson and Hedges and from somewhere she had rustled up a half bottle of Jack Daniels, some bacon and a bread loaf.

On the whole, I found the southern broads a bit...jaded...would be the polite term to use I think. I understand they have moved quite a few of the hulks so I will visit again, this time with Royal Tudor. 

See,  monsters blowing smoke.  :default_badday:

• Haha 1