Broads One Design Yachts Racing On Windermere !

lakesailor

Why come to the Broads when, if you sit tight, then the Broads will come to you!

Those old BODS sure get about. One raced in America during the summer and on another occasion several went to India to race against a local class out there that had been designed by the same designer, Linton Hope. Previous to that two sailed to France and another sailed in the Caribbean. I suspect that there have been other foreign trips that I don't know about. 

Norfolk Wherries have also gone far and wide, The Albion to the Fens, Gypsey to Holland and Ardea to France and back whilst several went to Portsmouth, some coming back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Sadly another class I belong too, has problems trying to prise that class out of Wroxham broad, to go as far as Horning for their Nationals!!!

Not unique to Wroxham! On Oulton Broad there are two Sundays when the speedboats race so the sailing club used to organise river races, not very popular I'm afraid.

17 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Not unique to Wroxham! On Oulton Broad there are two Sundays when the speedboats race so the sailing club used to organise river races, not very popular I'm afraid.

I'm not sure that a a WOBYC 'downriver would carry the same 'kudos' as a National Championship......