Wind Overnight Warning Upgrade

ChrisB

Here it is:

Amber warning of wind

0005 on Wed 13 September
To:
0600 on Wed 13 September
Updated 4 hours ago

Storm Aileen will bring a brief spell of very strong westerly winds with gusts of 65-75 mph during the early hours of Wednesday.

Longer journey times by road, rail and air are looking likely, with restrictions on roads and bridges. Damage to trees and perhaps buildings, as well as power cuts are expected. Flying debris and large coastal waves are possible, and these could lead to injuries.

47MPHWEST SOUTH WESTERLYWIND GUSTS46MPHWEST SOUTH WESTERLYWIND GUSTS44MPHWEST SOUTH WESTERLYWIND GUSTS44MPHWEST SOUTH WESTERLYWIND GUSTS43MPHWEST SOUTH WESTERLYWIND GUSTS41MPHWESTERLYWIND GUSTS40

We've hunkered down at Sutton Staithe for the night now. Reminds me of the song ' com'on Aileen com'on Aileen'  by Dexys Midnight Runners appropriate time in the groups name to:default_biggrin:. I'm not shifting till the wind speed drops to a sensible level either!!

Hope we survive the high winds forecast to come later, today has been really a very nice day weather wise.

John.

Yes that is NYX in front of us! 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CaptainJoshie said:

We've hunkered down at Sutton Staithe for the night now. Reminds me of the song ' com'on Aileen com'on Aileen'  by Dexys Midnight Runners appropriate time in the groups name to:default_biggrin:. I'm not shifting till the wind speed drops to a sensible level either!!

Hope we survive the high winds forecast to come later, today has been really a very nice day weather wise.

John.

Yes that is NYX in front of us! 

image.jpg

You will be fine , I can still remember the tail end of a hurricane coming through Norfolk a few yrs back n hit the boat in the worst possible place the back of the canopy , still no damage but I was amazed it didn't take off , personally I avoid as one would trees in winds as Diesel Falcon said a lot are still carrying a lot of leafs they carry shelter but you don't want one on your boat hence never moor under a tree , apologies for stressing that but its just one of my visual checks on windy days having seen what happened to a friends boat may yrs back .

5 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I've already checked mooring lines for possible chafe and my buoy for wear and tear to the top end of the chain, put extra springs on dory and Drascombe, checked furling lines on jibs, pulled stuff above the flood level, will sleep happily enough now!

but have you frapped those haliards

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I've already checked mooring lines for possible chafe and my buoy for wear and tear to the top end of the chain, put extra springs on dory and Drascombe, checked furling lines on jibs, pulled stuff above the flood level, will sleep happily enough now!

Anyone care to translate that into English for me? :default_dunce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BroadAmbition said:

At Womack. It's raining but not that heavy and as of yet not too windy either 

Griff

Well make sure you check mooring lines for possible chafe and your buoy for wear and tear to the top end of the chain, and put extra springs on dory and Drascombe, and check furling lines on jibs, and pull stuff above the flood level, you'll sleep happily enough now! :default_biggrin:

(copyright JM):default_winko:

• Haha 3