Wow, what a job not only do you get to wear a uniform, you can confiscate things and book people, can you imagine the fun to be had in pulling over Griff and the lad's on lad's week telling them you're coming aboard to check there are no offensive weapons (like 12 bore's) on board or too much alcohol,, coming alongside Alan on Ranworth Breeze asking to see proof of ownership, or Charlie on Bound2Please to check he's wearing his life jacket in case he falls in

Oh Yes, what a joyful job that could be :default_norty:

Sorry, little things pleasing little minds and all that :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Chief Executive of the Broads Authority or Jean-Claude Juncker's job? That's a tough one!

On one hand you have to micromanage meetings week in week out with a group of idiotic privileged individuals that run hard and fast with the facts, intent on turning the place I love into a bankrupt wasteland with no thought for the people that live and work there, their own private agenda being the only consideration while they publically fight and fall out amongst themselves, forcing through contentious policies whilst enforcing the party whip as the press and public discuss the possibility of a democratic challenge to weak leadership.

On the other hand, there's Jean-Claude Juncker's job. :default_norty: Tongue firmly in cheek peeps!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, marshman said:

The trouble is, is that it is quite difficult to get the appointment! I know a number of people, some of whom are posters, who have failed the interview!! 

As a matter of interest MM who carries out the interview and what qualifications do they have? I suspect that nobody knows.

48 minutes ago, marshman said:

The trouble is, is that it is quite difficult to get the appointment! I know a number of people, some of whom are posters, who have failed the interview!! 

5 minutes ago, Wussername said:

As a matter of interest MM who carries out the interview and what qualifications do they have? I suspect that nobody knows.

I suspect you are right MM, I don't know about anyone else, but physically I'm not up to being a ranger and I certainly don't have the boat handling and navigation knowledge. For Jean-Claude's job, I lack the experience that goes with being the longest-serving democratically elected statesman.

Interview for Chief Exec? I suspect it may be the Under Secretary to the Secretary of State for the Environment Wussername. At least that's who conducted my last interview.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gracie said:

Wow, what a job not only do you get to wear a uniform, you can confiscate things and book people, can you imagine the fun to be had in pulling over Griff and the lad's on lad's week telling them you're coming aboard to check there are no offensive weapons (like 12 bore's) on board or too much alcohol,, coming alongside Alan on Ranworth Breeze asking to see proof of ownership, or Charlie on Bound2Please to check he's wearing his life jacket in case he falls in

Oh Yes, what a joyful job that could be :default_norty:

Sorry, little things pleasing little minds and all that :facepalm:

Grace

Gracie! shame on you!

You have forgotten your pink furry handcuffs!

Tut tut!

• Haha 1

My recollection is that the interviews would have originally fell within the remit, at least initially, of Adrian Vernon the Head Ranger so presumably now his successor Lucy Birchnall but there have been some changes recently so don't quote me on that!!

Don't forget that it does not just involve sitting in a launch - in the winter they are expected to involve themselves in scrub clearance and tree clearance requiring both brush cutter licences  and chain saw qualifications!

6 hours ago, marshman said:

Yes, me too. It would appear that they knew rather more about the Norfolk Brads than was wanted :default_norty: