The Champion Pub Norwich

Was told about this pub by a good friend friend who said the beer was excellent and the food home cooked and very good so on our trip to Norwich over the last two days we called in for a beer-really great pint in an unusual brewery pub- Batemans of Lincolnshire, Howard you would love it. Having read the menu we decided to return for an eariy evening meal the following day- what a good decision that was. I had liver & bacon with mustard mash and two veg- £6. Mags had fish pie new potatoes & two veg-6.95. Wiggy had home cooked roast ham two eggs and chips-£6.95. We all thre ate for under £20 and the food was excellent. Cannot recomend this place highly enough if you like genuine home cooked food in a very old traditional English Pub. The address is The Champion Pub, 101 Chapelfield Rd. Norwich NR2 1SE. To get there walk up St Stephens Rd past Chapelfields shopping centre and the shops until you reach the roundabout with Chapelfields Rd, go under the underpass and take the Chapelfield Rd exit and the pub is 50yds up on the left.Food served between 12 and 3 and 6 and 8 daily. Happy hour between 5 and 7. Jackie is the landlady helped by her twin sister Kelly, well worth a visit

Boycee

:default_beerchug:

• Like 7

Sorry, bit late picking this up (York Beer Festival :default_beerchug:)  

Many thanks for the heads up Alan. It's strange, I've been in pretty much every pub within the inner ring road (and several outside) but never been in the Champion. I'll definitely give it a look next chance I get. Sounds very interesting. :default_biggrin:

I agree about the Red Lion too, been in there many times. Also the Coach and Horses just up Thorpe Road is well worth a look. I think they are dog friendly but can't be 100% sure. If you are prepared to walk a bit further Norwich is awash with good pubs :default_beerchug: 

• Like 2