New Member To Nbn

mbalding1050

Hi All

I’m a new member and not being very tech savvy, this is my first ever post on any social media stage. But having been reunited with the broads earlier this year after a very long break, I left my comfort zone as it seems you all hold the broads close to you heart and I can certainly identify with that. My son and I are already counting down the too many days to go before our next adventure in the Spring.

Mark

• Like 8

Welcome from me too. After a long break you will still be re-discovering all the lovely places to visit and moor despite your visit this year. Any questions that crop up I am sure you will find the answers here. Spring will (I hope!) come very quickly, my favourite time of year on the Broads. 

A very nice welcome from you all, thank you all again for offering friendship and the experience of NBN members.

As for me, in brief it started like many with a family holiday in the late seventies, I have now given a clue to my age, on a traditional broads boat called Plunderer I recall. Then further family holidays followed which included sailing and then with friends into the late eighties, my last holiday on the broads until recently.

My father and I built a Miracle dinghy, sailing it at Bewl Water close to my home in Kent. Life and another hobby offering a similar escape took over and boating was parked to the memory, but not forgotten.

It was after my son discovered old photos of my boating holidays that he persuaded me to book a holiday for the two of us and it was to be on Encore 1 from Barnes Brinkcraft. In the months prior to this, he discarded all other distractions a ten year old could have and was glued and he it has to be said me as well, to watching the Captains Blog. So a thank you to Robin for his part in installing the broads bug in a young man and for rekindling the spirt in my life.

Next Spring will find us on Serenade 2 from Barnes Brinkcraft, Christopher being aware not to expect such luxury on future holidays. At least he will take care of the “tech” this boat has…

Mark

• Like 3

:default_welcome: from me as well Mark

Just back from two weeks afloat yesterday & already looking forward to next April.

It doesn’t matter weather you're on the latest luxury cruiser or the cheapest boat available, it's still the Broads that holds the magic.

We've done both & really love the character of the older boats (also means we can have 3 weeks instead of one on a top end boat )

• Like 1