Sign in to follow this  
Chelsea14Ian

Broken Bones

Yesterday  I fell over on what appeared to be a new pavement. Tock  myself to hospital following  xrays.Two small breaks in each arm.Because I was out of my catchment area.I need to go to my local fracture clinic. Now I can't make this up.I had attended a Managing Health and safety course.At least I passed that

Ian :default_crying1animated:

Hi Ian,

Are they having a laugh or what. I suggest that you go to your doctors and camp out until they see you and give you a referral to a hospital to sort out these breaks in your arms, you need pots on or some other support on them now, not in 10 days time.

Regards

Alan

Went to my local hospital this morning. The pain killers don't seem to be working. So have been given more pain killers. Will soon rattle,and a better sling (in fact two).Seems like a carry on movie. Plus he is trying to get me an earlier appointment for the fracture clinic. 

Sorry to hear about your mishap. You do look cheesed off in your photo and with very good reason. To have to wait that long for an appointment   at the fracture clinic is a disgrace Let's hope you can get it sorted in time to get some boating in before the season grinds to a halt

Carole

I went to the fracture clinic today.The doctor  confirmed I have a bilateral radial head fracture. They with time heal themselves.I need to return  in a few weeks time.In the mean time Off work until the end of the month. Bored already. Not is as much pain as before,which is good.Hopefully we get up on the boat early November. 

Many thanks I have more movement in my left arm my right is still a bit painful,thankfully not as bad as before.I am doing a bit of cooking  at home.Still a bit slow for work. Next up to see a Doctor on Thursday regarding my hernia. Must have upset  someone.