Moorings

Just now, Lowestoftboater said:

Hi

I wanna moor in Norwich as close as I can to the retail park. Is there any moorings closer than the yacht station that I could use. I will be using Morrisons supermarket.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Yep , just after  carow bridge immediately before 1st white foot bridge on the right hand side Morrison's is literally 5 minutes away .

Just now, Lowestoftboater said:

Thank you i dont see the fun of paying for a mooring when i wont be using it a whole day

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Too right n no problem glad to help .

47 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I think you can only use the commissioners cut then any moorings  between  there and the YS are unofficial. People do moor there,but don't think you are meant to.

Its perfectly OK just in front of the first white bridge its the only area were there are no sign's saying no mooring , it did have a 2 hr time limit on it a few yrs back but the council withdrew that , whitlingham BA Mooring's is between commissioners cut and NYS but its a 30 minute walk to Morrison's , that said there are BA no mooring signs through the city from the railway bridge to NYS but iv never heard of anyone having been told by BA not to other than a ranger from the YS  telling someone on a hire craft that they could moor at the place where I directed the OP to which is totally inaccurate , there are 2 short stay moorings also on the opposite bank  by the flats but they are pointless as you can't go anywhere as its gated off but the signage is there to say it can be used for a limited period . 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I have moored there with my previous boat Sweetkingfisher is to high to get under the bridge.I know there are plans to add additional mooring on the run through  to Norwich. That would  make sense. All said and done mooring in the city at times is not easy.

That location I pointed out was actually going to be NYS to begin with but it got moved further up .

We use the moorings Ricardo suggests, on the right just before the Novi Sad footbridge. As stated there used to be signage stating you could moor there for 2 hours, but the council decided in this litigious age that it wasn't worth the risk of getting sued for damage or injury, so rescinded it. But it doesn't say you can't moor there (at present), so we do! If the council want to move you on, they'll have to get a court order. I think you'll have done your shopping by then.

• Like 1

Just now, Regulo said:

We use the moorings Ricardo suggests, on the right just before the Novi Sad footbridge. As stated there used to be signage stating you could moor there for 2 hours, but the council decided in this litigious age that it wasn't worth the risk of getting sued for damage or injury, so rescinded it. But it doesn't say you can't moor there (at present), so we do! If the council want to move you on, they'll have to get a court order. I think you'll have done your shopping by then.

Darn I wanted , a thanks , a like and a ha ha all on that post Ray :default_biggrin:

We went through the bridges this August. Almost free moorings a mere £27.00 for a round of drinks. There were  14  including the four canine  crew involved who ate at the pub, Macie and Lulu being the matriarchs the puppies the other two. Great pub well worth a visit if only for the mooring, the pub incidentally is fascinating one has to climb up through the building from river level to street level a most interesting climb.  The pub is The Ribs of Beef or maybe now just the Ribs on Magdellan Street.

DSCN7494 - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

It does well did a two or three years ago Ian, we met it the bend by the ruins, not sure what they are called.

Charlie.

Cow tower is the name your looking for :default_biggrin: