Wildfuzz

Back To The 50`s

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2017/oct/08/hemsby-rock-n-roll-weekender-norfolk-in-pictures

Spent the weekend back in the 1950`s at a Rock and Roll weekender at Hemsby. Live groups from lunchtime till the early hours, staying in a chalet, even a jive or two..... I have been following rockabilly and the like since my youth, but have to say looking at the then and now pictures I think my head is now on upside down.... Still a great weekend and recommended to anyone who like the R n R scene.

Stuart 013.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg.762e881cb97e82ecc05734611a588d38.jpg

Yes that was the copious quantities of alcohol, again a theme in the pictures!!!!!!! I guess you get to a certain stage of life when the teenage angst has gone, I may be 18 inside but the mind is willing but the body has gone. lol :55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

Didn't do many of the "after" parties this year, needed my sleep......

Rockabilly. I read something about this in GruntFuttocks Tales of Olde Norfolke.

"In Ooctoober men f thur Broads, all gather by thur beach. There ois much frolicking and ribaldry to thur deen f tree chords and thur walloping f a tea chest. About bull's nune an owl' billy goo' ois brung forth and two bricks ois produced."   

It's no wonder Stuart has his legs crossed in that last picture! :default_norty: