• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Back To The 50`s

Spent the weekend back in the 1950`s at a Rock and Roll weekender at Hemsby. Live groups from lunchtime till the early hours, staying in a chalet, even a jive or two..... I have been following rockabilly and the like since my youth, but have to say looking at the then and now pictures I think my head is now on upside down.... Still a great weekend and recommended to anyone who like the R n R scene.

Stuart 013.jpg

• Like 6

Can't beat a bit of rockabilly.

stray cat strut...... my fave of all time.....

you might have aged a little but in the second pic, you are relaxed and laid back.......:default_coat:

Yes that was the copious quantities of alcohol, again a theme in the pictures!!!!!!! I guess you get to a certain stage of life when the teenage angst has gone, I may be 18 inside but the mind is willing but the body has gone. lol :55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

Didn't do many of the "after" parties this year, needed my sleep......

• Like 1

Rockabilly. I read something about this in GruntFuttocks Tales of Olde Norfolke.

"In Ooctoober men f thur Broads, all gather by thur beach. There ois much frolicking and ribaldry to thur deen f tree chords and thur walloping f a tea chest. About bull's nune an owl' billy goo' ois brung forth and two bricks ois produced."   

It's no wonder Stuart has his legs crossed in that last picture! :default_norty:  

• Haha 3

Okay, before I go on any further, I want you all to know that I have tried so, so hard to be dignified, to have some self control and will power whilst looking at Stuart's photos but find that I have failed miserably

Phwhooooar :default_icon_luvlove:

Grace :default_norty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5