Let Off Steam In Here !!!!

Wonderwall

banks where all of the tellers positions are now automated, with just the foreign currency exchange with a human, especially when the problem is a bank card where the chip has died. at the one human till I waited for 30 minutes while they sorted out students and parents accounts that had both been locked after trying to transfer funds from one to the other. This was a saturday morning, by the time I had finished the queue of shopkeepers coming in to get their change was about 30 people long - the first thing the teller tried after I told her the chip had failed - was the chip and pin machine, she then said - ooh your right the chip has stopped working, and then we got on with the paperwork to get me some cash to use until the new card arrived.

Cyclists seem to be copping a lot in here, I can't offer them any sympathy however. Whilst out running they do seem to be the most miserable sods. 

Pedestrians generally say hi or offer a smile, other runners normally talk or wave, even motorists will regularly give way to let me cross a junction. But cyclists try to force their way through without uttering a hi or a smile. 

Can't say it bothers me though the miserable buggers.

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Start charging them road tax for all the cycling paths provided,   we have to pay road tax so why not them.

You would find they cheered up overnight.

:facepalm:

Sadly no such thing as road tax , that was abolished by Winston Churchill , for a while it was vehicle excise duty but now it is vehicle environmental taxation .

it is council tax that pays for local roads , living in Cambridge I argue that since student accommodation is exempt from council tax then students should not be allowed on the roads when the various cycling bodies argue about road usage 

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

Start charging them road tax for all the cycling paths provided,   we have to pay road tax so why not them.

You would find they cheered up overnight.

:facepalm:

And that's another thing. Around me we have some pavements which are split half and half one for pedestrians and the other for cyclists. I manage to run in the pedestrian half and cause no one any issues, but the twin wheelers come getting in everyone's way on the pedestrian side still with the miserable sod face.

I still insist it doesn't bother me though.

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Another thing that gets me is when members here keep changing their avatar piccies but not in Jayfires case, I have to say :default_norty:

Yes, I know, behave :default_eusa_naughty::6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:

Grace

I've only changed it once :default_blush:

CHUFFIN SHOPS AND GARDEN CENTRES THAT HAVE HAD CHRISTMAS STUFF ON THE SHELVES FOR WEEKS ALREADY !!!              I've looked in a handbook of a 4x4 and the highway code but cant find the piece where it says "allowed to park on double yellow lines and pavements"                                                                                                                                                                                              

Audi drivers that straddle two spaces in the supermarket car park

Those blo**y so called electric invalid chairs normally driven by lazy fat people stinking of fag smoke who think they have the right of way

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There’s a woman who pretty much every morning drives into the village hall car park where I live (the car park has about 40 spaces, most of them unoccupied at 7.30 in the morning) in her brand new Audi Allroad thing (what a combo, Audi AND 4x4) with her 3 private school attending offspring, however rather than park in a space, she parks right in the entrance so her beloved offspring don’t have to walk more than 3 yards to the minibus, therefore turning the usual 2 lane entrance into a one lane entrance, making it pretty dangerous for anyone trying to get into our out of the car park onto the main road, including aforementioned school minibus.

For the last week ive been taking pictures of her doing this, if she doesn’t ask me why I’m doing it soon I’m going to send them to the local council and her children’s school...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wombat nee blownup said:

Those blo**y so called electric invalid chairs normally driven by lazy fat people stinking of fag smoke who think they have the right of way

To true when my poor old Dad was here, one legged in a hand propelled wheel chair in his eighties, i was with him and one of the aforementioned types forced him into the road, moaning about wheel chairs in his way. i stood firm on seeing this in front of him, and by chance this was all seen by a traffic police car who stopped. It appeared that he was speeding 8mph on a foot path the limit is 4mph. I asked why he wasnt being done for it, the reply was we can only do some thing when he runs over some poor innocent person. He went on his way to bookies where he ran in, and the two policemen helped me get Dad back up the high kerb he was forced off. Indecently i was told that if I had, had a right go at him I would have been in the wrong not him, hence why they stopped, to stop me.

Charlie

the worst one round our way is the guide leader who charges down the road in her invalid chair at about twice normal walking speed, scything her white stick across the path in front of her (as if she could stop in time is she felt anything), the trouble is I have seen her (when picking up my daughter from guides) carrying two of the large church hall type tables, one under each arm

Car drivers who think that because I have L plates on my scooter think I'm going to hold them up and will do anything to get, past....

Image result for yamaha x max 125

When it's capable of any legal speed on the roads... I'm just sticking to the speed limits...

I love this thread!:default_smile:

Mountain bike riders who come tearing down a narrow path through the forest with a dog being dragged behind them by a lead attached to their handlebars. Either walk your dog, or ride your bike, but not both at the same time you numpty! A dog needs to interact with other dogs and read its pmail, and it can't do either if it is being dragged along by some muppet on a bike.

Oh, and show some consideration and get a bell for your bike so you can at least give some warning to others in the forest that you are tear-arsing down the path behind them!  Just because you have a fancy bike, wear a helmet cam, are dressed in the latest 'gear', think you look rather 'cool' and are in the 'zone', does not give you right of way on any track or path. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheBof said:

I love this thread!:default_smile:

Oh, and show some consideration and get a bell for your bike so you can at least give some warning to others in the forest that you are tear-arsing down the path behind them!  Just because you have a fancy bike, wear a helmet cam, are dressed in the latest 'gear', think you look rather 'cool' and are in the 'zone', does not give you right of way on any track or path. 

Most bikes have a bell already - well, a 'Bell End' anyhow :default_biggrin:

• Haha 3

I love this thread too, I honestly didn't think I had that much to moan about but clearly I do lol

Lycra, who on earth invented Lycra, ok for athletes competing but normal everyday people (including me) please, please do not under any circumstance wear Lycra, It truly is unforgiving. When I'm sitting in our little sea front café enjoying a Latte on a Sunday morning, in come the cyclists, head to toe in Lycra, I have no idea where to look :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 2