Dinghy In A Hurry!

Polly

We had a wonderful week in St Mawes, Cornwall, at the beginning of October. It is a busy little harbour with local ferries and fishing boats in and out all day. One local dinghy had me hovering over the coastguard/ harbourmaster's phone number! 

I think  he was off to collect his lobster pots, and certainly was in a tearing hurry. His outboard was going at full whack, causing the bow to lift and the stern to bury itself to the extent that water was coming in over the transom. His solution was to stand on the gunwales and bail like fury with a bucket. As he rounded the harbour wall, the motor went right under for a moment and faltered, which he solved by a slight shift forward on the gunwales and more determined bailing. Off he went heading out to the seaward reaches of the Fal Estuary, clearly not in distress, probably done this a hundred times before,  but scaring the life out of me! I guess the theory was that as long as he kept forward momentum he wouldn't sink?:default_blink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1