And Now For Something Really Serious

addicted

I thought in light of all the lightweight stuff we've been bogged down with  recently it  was high time for a  little gravitas, Now folks What do we think of the new judge on Strictly? It's a thumbs very firmly down for me. I 'm afraid she badly flunked the "how to win friends  and influence people"course by a mile.Darcey has gone into "She's not eclipsing me"mode which is a  pity. I was never a    fan of Debbie McGee, but she totally  won me over in the canal boat programme she did earlier this year and I'm rooting for her now.

Carole

I'm still on the fence about the judges.

I have had a soft spot for Debbie since the beginning.  I did like Ruth on Saturday and Susan was a joy.

Was it a bit early in the series for a ten?  A lot to live up to methinks.

Sue

• Like 1

I am not convinced that the new head judge Shirley  is any good for the show but who ever took the job they were never going to be better than Len.

I will wait and see how she goes for the rest of the series.

I have to say the standard of the dancing this year is very good, anyone would be forgiven for thinking that they were having lessons months ago.........! But surly they wouldn't do That?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Nah, you see, whenever someone new takes over you're going to have problems. Take Saturday, on paper, it was a foregone conclusion, it was a complete shock to me when I tuned into the results show. I mean 2-1 to Palace! Who'd a thought? :default_norty:

I was forced to watch one episode of last years Come Dancing series... I wish they'd turn the clock back, get rid of the D-list celebs and bring back the real dancers from the amateur ranks thank you very much. I'd rather see the excellence of the original show and dedicated amateurs than the modern shambles.

I know the clip is an International competition, but we played the original come dancing clips to our granddaughter, and she was mesmerised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bound2Please said:

Polly I thought that the X Factor was a different program....... True you missed the "X" off above. Mind thats only worth watching at the audition shows to people making right fools of themselves.

Charlie

I don't watch the x-factor myself but people make fools of themselves all the way through in fairness.

Sometimes the contestants do too

18 hours ago, SueH said:

I'm still on the fence about the judges.

I have had a soft spot for Debbie since the beginning.  I did like Ruth on Saturday and Susan was a joy.

Was it a bit early in the series for a ten?  A lot to live up to methinks.

Sue

I couldn't remember if we had seen 10s this early before, but I think they  were earned.  I just get the impression this new judge is rather showcasing her own knowledge. and I've really not taken to her at all and her presence is I think causing Darcey to be a bit OTT.

Carole

5 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Would someone PLEASE explain the attraction of Strictly please. Single syllables would be good!

That just has to be a rhetorical question. Speaking for myself it's my winter antidote!   (sorry about all the syllables)

Carole

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smellyloo said:

What I dislike about the X factor (apart from everything) is the talent (some anyway) is overshadowed by the heavily scripted "spontanaity" and the unfathomable inclusion of pantomime judges.

I've never been tempted to watch a single minute of this animated dross.  I don't think it is at all funny to set up  people who believe in themselves  as objects of ridicule.

Carole

• Like 2