Help Curing A Childhood Psychosis

Timbo

I need the NBN Brains Trust's help in curing a childhood psychosis by identifying a film starring Margaret Rutherford. You see, I've inherited this blanket box which contains knitting needles and patterns and it's giving me the heebie-jeebies! When I was a kid I was into the Margaret Rutherford Miss Marple films. One Halloween my mum let me stay up to watch a film starring Margaret Rutherford. In the film the character, she played kept talking to something in a wooden chest. Margaret Rutherford's character was then found murdered with her knitting needles. Now watching this film frightened the living out of me and my other half thinks the cure, and my acceptance of my inheritance lies in watching this film again. But we can't identify the film in question. Anyone have any ideas?

7 hours ago, grendel said:

it wouldnt have been 'the old dark house' with Joyce Grenfell would it?

That’s the one

I remember watching it in the early 70’s..... it was the talk of the playground the next day.

I was very disappointed many years later when I watched a film of the same name especially for the knitting needle scene only to find it was the older film from the 1930’s