Spring Gathering May 2018 - Names here, please

Polly

Wow! Lots to celebrate!

As a reminder then,:

Saturday teatime, please bring cakes to share and  feel free to wear some red white and blue, as a nod to 'the Royal wedding'  Footie scarves for teams in the FA final are an optional extra for true believers. :default_biggrin:

Pat, on Chameleon, has kindly offered to run a bottle stall, so please let her have contributions if you wish to bring anything.

More details nearer the time on where we plan to put tentage, BBQ area etc. 

Given that outpr party tent isn't exactly vast, anyone who can bring a gazebo would be welcomed as a long lost relative!:default_biggrin:

• Like 2

Wow birthday cake from Roys will be provided. I can't make one because of being afloat in a tiny two berth saily all week, but will get a tray type one.

We have Yorkshire Tripper and Howard on the day, then Mike a few days earlier. Any more? :594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

Some think there is no way the 500 can lift 86000 tons. I think there is not way to link together the lifting power of helicopters without either a lifting frame that would weight to much or they would crash rtogether as they took more of the strain.

• Like 1

Ask a silly question.......I take it this event there on the Sunday isn't going to cause any problems?

Taken from their websites 2018 events page.....

Spring Walk at Hoveton Great Broad
Sunday 20th May, 11:00 - 13:30
Meet the ferry at the Salhouse Broad moorings for a short boat trip upriver to Hoveton Great Broad Nature Trail, a tranquil spot only accessible by boat.  Here, take a stroll around the boardwalk with the Warden, watching and listening out for the seasonal flora and fauna, including the breeding Common Tern colony.
Meet at Salhouse Broad moorings.  No dogs please. 
Booking essential, limited spaces.
£7 Adult; £2 Child (includes return Ferry crossing)

19 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

Most people are arriving Friday / Saturday unless they want to double moor I don’t think it will.

Thats good news,  very much looking forward to it :14_relaxed:

Hi All.

Just want to say to everyone have a great time and I hope the weather is kind to you. We did the spring meet last year and it was ace, sadly cant make it this year for several reasons, so a tad disappointed.

PS if braveheart or corsican are there, ask them if they can remember my recipie for sangria......actually on reflection, probably not as we consumed a 2 gallon bucket of the stuff between us last year and I dont think anyone remembers anything !!

Have a wonderful one

cheers

trev

:default_beerchug:   :default_party0042:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hooray! One week to go......

Here is a timetable for the event.....all timings are a bit flexible but this is how I think it should all fit together! 

Friday evening is very informal. We will be setting up tentage and stuff and there will be time to chat and get to know people. I am bringing name stickers so that we can easily see who is who, which should help break the ice.

Please BBQ in the red and white stripy taped area so that we can mix.(all BBQ references assume we use own kit and provisions btw)

Saturday am, those who are cruising in company can pootle off to Ranworth and then come back at 12.30 in all their glory. Do go for this it's fun. Malanka leads and you are asked to cruise in single file for the convenience of other river users.

Saturday 2.00 pm RNLI talk at tent, line throwing, Lifejacket Checks if requested.

4.00pm Royal Wedding and Forum Birthdays Teatime. Bring cakes to share. And wear red white and blue if you feel inspired to do so.

Quiz to follow led by Mike 

Pat is kindly running a bottle stall in aid of RNLI so please bring a bottle for that and spend on getting another one back! 

7.00pm Richard and Sally (An Evening With Bob) are kindly providing music.

and we can BBQ ongoing all up by the tent and BBQ Square

Robin is providing lights and further music.

Sunday

10.30 Presentation time! Followed by the return of the Virtual Treasure Hunt  (by request from last year, and provided I get the clues finished!)

Hope that all makes sense! 

The Warden has promised reserved moorings of course, and has a daily total according to what you booked. Fees will be collected by Salhouse Broad staff in the usual way.

If you turn up 'on spec' (as happened for the birthday meet) that's absolutely  fine but please use the public moorings rather than the reserved section and ask me for a name sticker. I plan to wear a hat with 'Polly' on it and we are aboard Jenny so should be easy to find.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5