Spring Gathering May 2018 - Names here, please

Polly

We are leaving Clacton in half an hour.

Hour and a half (ish) to the boat then I reckon two hours from Acle to Salhouse.

Going to guess we shall be arriving around 17.00hrs

See you all later .

Have a great weekend guys n gals.

I would love to have come along and met you all but unfortunately I am otherwise engaged this weekend.

I suppose you are basking in sunshine.

Here on the coast a cold Haar is rolling in from The North Sea, cliff top has gone from view as I do my pans.826953944_20180519_1840182.jpg.52bc1ba4fa76365e1e4036f37a268fa3.jpgh

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VetChugger said:

Excellent photos Steve, thanks very much. I reckon Craig would be delighted to have a photo of the Elysian 27 for his database.

I sent him a photo of mine years ago in order to update but nothing happened so ours is still " hasn't been seen since..."

• Like 1

Been a very enjoyable day so far. Having got a bit nippy Ros and I have retired to our boat and under the duvet. 

Looking forward to a nice end to the evening and the thought of a full english breakfast in the morning :default_beerchug:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, gancanny said:

is this  MM on his way to coltishall

SnapShot-20180520_121052.jpg

It sure looks like it...and that bloke on the left of the bridge suddenly felt hungry and is off to get some chips!

• Like 1

What a brill short film clip that was - Thanks for sharing.

Now I will never get even close to the giddy heights of our official forum idiot but as an apprentice idiot I accomplished one of those 'Idiot' or 'Senior' moments on Saturday afternoon.

There I was in the marked out bbq area tending to our bbq.  the wx was proper hot so I was donning shorts as one does.  I knelt down on the grass and a small thorn punctured ones stbd knee, not wanting to do an impression of a southern softie I ignored it thinking I would sort it out when I stood up.  However said thorn was getting more painful by the second.  Gritting ones teeth this ruffy toughy sailor was not giving in to such an insignificant thing though.  Standing up eventually and rather nonchalantly as a good amateur idiot does, I discovered I had noT knelt down on a thorn but a small piece of red glowing charcoal that had jumped out of my own bbq!  Said charcoal was merrily cooking it's way into my stbd knee!  I flicked it out of my now cooked knee flesh as though it was nowt but a flesh wound and carried on manfully as any northerner would do.  To be fair it did not really starting upping the pain levels until the next morning when one was sober wearing jeans.

Of course the 'B.A' crew thought the episode most hilarious.  I do have 'Feelings' you know

Griff

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

What a brill short film clip that was - Thanks for sharing.

Now I will never get even close to the giddy heights of our official forum idiot but as an apprentice idiot I accomplished one of those 'Idiot' or 'Senior' moments on Saturday afternoon.

There I was in the marked out bbq area tending to our bbq.  the wx was proper hot so I was donning shorts as one does.  I knelt down on the grass and a small thorn punctured ones stbd knee, not wanting to do an impression of a southern softie I ignored it thinking I would sort it out when I stood up.  However said thorn was getting more painful by the second.  Gritting ones teeth this ruffy toughy sailor was not giving in to such an insignificant thing though.  Standing up eventually and rather nonchalantly as a good amateur idiot does, I discovered I had noT knelt down on a thorn but a small piece of red glowing charcoal that had jumped out of my own bbq!  Said charcoal was merrily cooking it's way into my stbd knee!  I flicked it out of my now cooked knee flesh as though it was nowt but a flesh wound and carried on manfully as any northerner would do.  To be fair it did not really starting upping the pain levels until the next morning when one was sober wearing jeans.

Of course the 'B.A' crew thought the episode most hilarious.  I do have 'Feelings' you know

Griff

:default_rofl:oh no! Glad to hear you maintained the ”rough-ty tough-ty northern fella” stance tough, we northerners have a reputation to keep up! I’m guessing the nearest to first aid was a quick clean with a dash of the nearest neat gin/whisky/rum and on with it too....

And don’t forget, even if you’ve booked a floor tiling job in over the next few days, it’s nowt more than “ a bit of a niggle “ :default_biggrin:

• Like 2