What Would You Tell A New Hirer?

vanessan

I agree with Vaughan.  Kaptinkev. I respect your opinion. You are entitled to express your feelings which I understand. It is that some may consider it to be a fact. That is not the case.

In conclusion may I congratulate you on a great contribution to this thread. Nothing personal old chap.

Regards

Andrew

• Like 1

Just now, BroadAmbition said:

I have a feeling / knowledge that 99% of all skippers on the Broads are stupid, especially the Rag-n-Stick flotilla. :default_smiley-char054:

Griff

That's the moment when you have one of the Rag-n-Stick flotilla in front of you that you shout down below, "Load tubes 1 and 2":default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, vanessan said:

My thought when I first introduced this topic was to perhaps have something that first time hirers could look at and have a little idea of what to expect. 

I understand your thinking, I really do, but just don't believe it's possible.

Vaughans post a couple back summed it up.

People will react to different things. Take one person and give them 4 hours of extensive tuition and tell another "there's the steering wheel and some ropes to stop you floating away, off you go" There's  no guarantee who will fair better on the rivers.

A teacher knows their pupils and can adjust their methods accordingly. The guys in the boatyards know boating but probably not teaching, they do a good job (day after day) but there is no catch all solution.

Just to add, some years back my first time I had at least 45 mins tution, left the yard knowing nothing and was really peeved this week as he didn't tell me to not moor near wasps nests.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1