Wot No Christmas ?

Snowy

This is going to be a rant, sit down and hold on.....

the word Christmas has been removed from Cadbury’s because it can be deemed as offensive 

this is wrong on every level, this is England and we have celebrated Christmas for hundreds of years, 

Father Christmas will be gone next, Mark my words

why do we have to change things for a minority ?

you watch, the wearing of Poppies will be deemed as offensive next !!!!

and breathe 

122000D6-7FC6-4CC6-BE25-1EEACB438345.jpeg

• Like 5

They removed Easter earlier in the year too if I remember. Personally I've ditched Cadbury since the Americans changed the recipe, not that I really bother with chocolate anyway, but I agree these things shouldn't just be allowed to happen.

20 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

In fairness to Cadburys it is still pretty obviously Christmas wrapping! 

Only because you clearly see Father Christmas, when he has been banned what what will they become; "Seasonal Chocolate" or "Festive Chocolate"  and when the concept of celebration becomes offensive to those who aren't part of it, will they become "End of Year Chocolates" or maybe "December Chocolates" 

10 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

Only because you clearly see Father Christmas, when he has been banned what what will they become; "Seasonal Chocolate" or "Festive Chocolate"  and when the concept of celebration becomes offensive to those who aren't part of it, will they become "End of Year Chocolates" or maybe "December Chocolates" 

You won’t be allowed to call him “Father” soon, you will take your children to the garden centre and be introduced to........gender neutral Winter Festive

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

It's dosent seem right .

Religon is a subject better avoided on a nice friendly forum like this . I've said enough on the matter already.

I’m not pointing the finger at you Wonderwall, but you’ve hit the nail on the head,  we as a society in this country choose to avoid such subjects, thus allowing them to happen

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snowy said:

I’m not pointing the finger at you Wonderwall, but you’ve hit the nail on the head,  we as a society in this country choose to avoid such subjects, thus allowing them to happen

Spot on !!

Just now, Snowy said:

It's a murky , endless pit of a subject. And never have I known it to end well. 

Now , shut up Neil :default_coat:

• Like 1

I take Grendel's point but poor old Father Christmas is blameless in all this! His association with Christmas is a mere coincidence. 

His character is based on St Nicholas - "Sinter Klaas" who was a Greek bishop and benefactor of the 4th century. His saint's day was the 6th December and was based on the Pagan midwinter event of Yuletide, also called the Wild Hunt, which was supposed to be a ghostly procession across the sky. Hence the flying sleigh pulled by the reindeer.

The Americans (wouldn't you believe it) later moved his day to coincide with the eve of 25th December since he was a renowned benefactor who gave presents to all the little children if they were good. They also altered his name to "Santa Klaus" He is supposed to have been clothed in green, which the Americans then changed to red, which is why all trans-atlantic Christmas TV adverts are adorned in green and red, with a gold trim. Unlike Halloween, which has to be black and orange.

This is just another invention such as Coca Cola and God made little green apples. His connection to the Church of England Religion is spurious, to say the least!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And don't forget, Santa is an anagram of Satan. However, this is yet another reason not to buy Cadbury's mediocre fat-laden brown sludge, which may only be called chocolate due to a derogation that Britain obtained from the EU.

• Like 1

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO.........

Poor old Father Christmas, he only works one day a year, he really looks forward to it, if he is sacked (pun intended) how will he pass his free time, and don't forget, if he is sacked, the elves and reindeer will loose their jobs too. Even the coca cola lorry is being banned from Liverpool, because of the PC brigade blaming it for the obese kids.....

BahHumbug.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JohnK said:

You’ve convinced me not to post.
Other than the post to say I’m not going to post DOH.

I have been reading the comments and I am with you. I don't want banning before I get access to the jokes.

:default_badday:

Wrote another ten lines then deleted them.

• Like 2

I have been reading the comments and I am with you. I don't want banning before I get access to the jokes.
:default_badday:
Wrote another ten lines then deleted them.

So jokes are ok.
But religion not.
So are religious jokes ok?
You start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1