It was a couple of days ago now but we are so happy with our awards from the Hoseasons conference, 

we won the award for best large operator and also the overall prize for best boating operator in Britain. 

these are  based on feedback from the revoo scores filled in by the customers and averaged over the volume of holidays. 

its a really big pat on the back to all our team who have always gone the extra mile.

sorry for the rubbish photography and also there is a spelling mistake ! 

thumbnail_IMG_0459.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0456.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Wonderwall said:

Well done , and I can see how. When I hired last month, the boat was perfect and the staff couldn't do enough for us with a smile on their face . Looked such a slick operation. 

"Slick operation" describes Richardsons very well. It's the biggest Broads hire boat operator and the best in my view. I'm not just saying that, I've just counted I've hired from them 15 times so far, plus 3 bookings for next year. 

• Like 4

its fantastic to win an award, I know  in the past people have knocked us for winning things like  this and the EDP business awards but if you enter and loose out it really tunes you in and makes you want to do better, this was a customer service award, the team on all our sites are fantastic, even so we put them through training of different sorts to deal with the customers and it pays off. 

previously in the business awards we got judging stages,  they arrived at the yard, parked and stepped out into a puddle, needless to say we didn't make the final 3 for customer experience ! 

Thanks for all your kind words, it is always good to hear good stuff!

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Boatingman said:

Sorry Soundings totally disagree with you

Richardson's provide a value for money service for thousands of holiday makers each year and the Broads would be poorer without them

Ray

I don't get it, Soundings has been a member since 2010 and this comes out. It's either been bottling up inside concerning a certain issue, fell out of the wrong side of the bed, or has had a bad day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KaptinKev said:

I don't get it, Soundings has been a member since 2010 and this comes out. It's either been bottling up inside concerning a certain issue, fell out of the wrong side of the bed, or has had a bad day. 

Yup I agree, value for money for users but not value for the Broads as a natural resource. Yes it has been bottled up and I no longer boat on the Broads because of the commercial drivers that business sees as the only purpose the Broads serve. Thank heavens for that bridge, it keeps a bit of Broadland sane. There is no particular issue - this is general. The Broads should be a real National Park....sorry. 

Interesting to note my post has been deleted. Says it all!

2 minutes ago, Soundings said:

Yup I agree, value for money for users but not value for the Broads as a natural resource. Yes it has been bottled up and I no longer boat on the Broads because of the commercial drivers that business sees as the only purpose the Broads serve. Thank heavens for that bridge, it keeps a bit of Broadland sane. There is no particular issue - this is general. The Broads should be a real National Park....sorry. 

Interesting to note my post has been deleted. Says it all!

Didn’t get to read your original post , sorry , but IMHO if not for the big businesses supporting , and yes i meant supporting, the Broads they would be in a far far worse state , many local businesses would have fallen by the wayside along the way.

congratulations to all at Richardson’s whose business model not only succeeds for their shareholders but whose pricing means this beautiful area of England is available for all .

• Like 4

I do not want a protracted debate and we all have valuable views. IMO big business does not necessarily support the Broads, it uses it. I know all the arguments but I think over the past few years we have seen illustration after illustration that the only interest of business is self interest (intentionally or otherwise). And that is from a guy who has been "blue" forever. Anyway enough is enough, I have asked the mods to close my account. I care for the Broads and for reasons that I hope are clear cannot / should not continue as a member of this forum.

The deletion of my post also shows this is not a place for open debate. I just hope that in years to come the balance is sorted. I do wish Richardsons well and appreciate they are a great holiday outfit with great customer service. I will now retire to my home village   and look lovingly at "that bridge".

No hard feelings this end and goodbye :-)

• Sad 1

Mmmm account still open! Look, I have no gripe with Riccos or their business model. My gripe is damage to what should in my view be a quiet landscape, where to use it is a privilege rather than a right to some wholesale adventure playground. It is regulation on the Broads that dictates business practice. The question is does that regulation work. You know what I think. The pressure on a unique landscape is clear and with the amount of development going on in the area I really do fear for the future. 

Clive, sorry if I have offended you and your business. That is not my intention. You have the right to run your business in any way you wish provided it complies with local regulations. Indeed you have a responsibility to do the best for your investors and customers within that framework. What I dispute is that framework and its impact.

it's such a shame this topic has come to this. I'm sorry you feel the need to leave Soundings, I didn't see your original post so can't really comment but I probably will lol. I do think though that the Broads is there for all of us to enjoy no matter what walk of life, whether it be owners, hirers and locals etc. Without Richardson's and indeed the other big hire fleets and of course the small one's, pubs, little one man band village shops would struggle. I know that we as a family spend a fair bit of our hard earned cash in Broadland pubs when we are visiting, that's just one hire boat with a small family on board. I should imagine a boat with ten on board will spend hundreds. Without these folk all you will be left with are lonely rivers and you will be able to look at your old bridge without interruption for as long as you like. This is not a dig at you Soundings, I loathe to see people want to leave this forum, please stay, you are entitled to your point of view as is everyone else

As you probably know Richardson's are very close to my heart and have spent many a holiday on their boats, they do a superb job not only with their fleet and customers but they also care about the environment in which they operate and deserve the awards they win, long may they continue to provide such as excellent service

Thank you Ricko's for some wonderful holidays. Let's not forget the really cute engineers, without them you would fail miserably :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 9