Brilliant

Polly

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Stripping and varnishing gets a bit of attention at the moment.

I use a heat gun for most then have bought a Makita Random Orbital sander to improve the tool collection for the next stage.

My question is;  Nitromorse would sort out the odd corners of old varnish but I would prefer not to use it. Does anyone have a better idea?

15 minutes ago, Polly said:

Stripping and varnishing gets a bit of attention at the moment.

I use a heat gun for most then have bought a Makita Random Orbital sander to improve the tool collection for the next stage.

My question is;  Nitromorse would sort out the odd corners of old varnish but I would prefer not to use it. Does anyone have a better idea?

Hello Polly I use a mixture of the following items for cleaning wood removing varnish and applying with fine wire wool.

One part meths, one part white vinegar, one part white spirit, half part linseed oil, shaken in a bottle .

Regards

Alan 

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2018 at 12:37, grendel said:

my nephew rebuilt an old Norman motorcycle in his living room - does that count

When living at home in my Parents house in Gravesend, i built a "Dutton Phaeton S3", and stored the boot lid, bumpers, seats, winscreen and frame,  and sidescreens in my bedroom. I`m really surprised they put up with it.

3 years before that, i had to strip and re-build the engine from my Suzuki GS750DB, and had the semi complete engine in the hall. It was a bit heavy to carry upstairs.