Ba's Latest Dredging Trial Cut Short!!

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Apologies Riverman, you are quite right FC permission is not required for dumping of spoil - that was a bit tongue in cheek but it IS required I believe if you want to cut back vegetation more the 3m from the edge of the watercourse - although readily given I guess.

OK PW agree with you now - but how do you go about instituting such an enquiry??

59 minutes ago, marshman said:

Apologies Riverman, you are quite right FC permission is not required for dumping of spoil - that was a bit tongue in cheek but it IS required I believe if you want to cut back vegetation more the 3m from the edge of the watercourse - although readily given I guess.

OK PW agree with you now - but how do you go about instituting such an enquiry??

Ask your MP. Mine is totally useless, a confirmed Poodle, so I hope that you have more joy than I have so far. However, your MP is your starting point. Do you know Jamie Campbell? If you do then have a word with him.

Not to worry, too long on the river has sapped my sense of humour. Always struck me that FC and BA got along quite easily, in comparison to other organisations anyway. There was whispers 6-7 years ago about mandatory cutting 3m's back from the edge along the entire system. 

Unfortunately I'd suspect that going through an MP might be tricky, it'd be hit or miss as to if they were part of the same old boys club. But something has got to be done, I hear so much from people who work there, things that work make toll payers blood boil.