Ellie Smells!

Timbo

I hope the mods are OK with this and that everyone can help me out here...so I can earn a few brownie points, get in the good books and get some more time on the boat?

My other half Ellie has taken to YouTube. As some will know, Ellie is a parfumier. While I live and breath wooden boats, she's passionate about perfume and fragrance. Filming the BoatsLOG has prompted her to start her own channel. This has meant of course I got roped into filming and editing. I might be biased, but I think she's a natural, however, Ellie is nervous about the end result.

So chaps...stuck for which perfume to buy your lady this Christmas? Ladies, sick of your bloke smelling of...well, what us blokes smell of? Here's Ellie's guide to her top ten Christmas fragrances, what to look for, and the best value for money.

So please spread the word so she will let me have that timber I need for the gunwale? Now, what can I buy Ellie for Christmas as perfume is out...? Aha! The very thing! A lathe!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the next video is out...you know, I can't be held responsible if your better halves don't get good prezzies this year!

I've been adding another string to my bow and learning how to take half reasonable photographs of glass bottles. Between camping, while working on the boat and taking photos of perfume bottles I seem to have had my head stuck in a tent for most of this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

For the City dwellers amongst you here is a picture of a 'honey cart' discharging its cargo. It's what makes your Norfolk produced food grow so well and taste so good.

honey-wagon.jpg

When my kids were young , we always associated the manure and slurry smells , being city folk , with holidays ....... I'd wind the car window down, take a deep breath , and tell the kids it was good for your chest :default_blush: 

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

What you suggest for someone who wears Old Spice.     I am being quite serious here.      Hubby definitely needs updating as far as fragrance for men is concerned.

Yes please can you give us some links.

I've just dropped Ellie back to work and I took the opportunity to ask her for some suggestions. I'd better get this right or I will be on the receiving end of a thump in the lug hole...

First of all, Ellie suggested nipping to your local fragrance retailer to collect some samples for hubby to try at home. They will have plenty of fragrance samples for you to try before you purchase. She recommends trying just one fragrance at a time and giving it a good ten minutes to sit on the skin before deciding if he likes it or not.

As for the fragrances to try, she recommends going for something 'not too spicy', with woody notes (see...there are boats!). Ingredients in fine fragrance are more 'potent' (my word as I forgot the word she used). She recommends trying

the Ralph Lauren Polo Green being the 'spiciest' of the four.

Timbo talking here...I have all of these fragrances other than the Polo. My favourite of these is the Terre d'Hermes. It's one of those fragrances where you catch yourself thinking 'someone smells nice 'round here...and it's me'. :default_norty:

• Thanks 1

‘fraid I’m not too good with smelly stuff. Nearly always overpowers my senses. I get smarting eyes, so am limited to the ‘Simple’ type of beauty products.  A few yeas ago I won a really good range of high end facial stuff in a raffle but after a couple of days had to stop using them because my eyes were smarting so much.

:38_worried:

13 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

‘fraid I’m not too good with smelly stuff. Nearly always overpowers my senses. I get smarting eyes, so am limited to the ‘Simple’ type of beauty products.  A few yeas ago I won a really good range of high end facial stuff in a raffle but after a couple of days had to stop using them because my eyes were smarting so much.

:38_worried:

You were probably meant to put them on your skin not in your eyes :default_smile:

18 hours ago, Hylander said:

What you suggest for someone who wears Old Spice.     I am being quite serious here.      Hubby definitely needs updating as far as fragrance for men is concerned.

Yes please can you give us some links.

Brut and remember to "splash it all over"

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Ok, I forgive you. :default_icon_kiss:

Oh thank goodness.

It is very tempting however when you ask 'how daft do you think I am'. :default_norty:

40 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Excuse me Helen but will you please behave, we don't do flirting on here you know :default_norty:

Grace

Oh. Well that's disappointing then. :default_dry: