Carp In The Broads?

charlesy

Hey! I have been trying to find out for a while now about the carp in Filby and Rollesby Broads. I have seen a picture and heard people talk about them but it all seems hush hush. Can any of you lovely people help me with this topic? I would like to know if there is just the odd carp or are there a few?

Thankyou

Both the Waveney & the Yare have big carp in them, biggest that I have witnessed went 48lbs and the biggest I've caught was 26lbs. As with the Trinity Broads the fish are here and they are not fluke fish. Problem is that the waters concerned are huge, they are not two acre mud puddles. Those who do catch groundbait daily, often for months at a time. To do otherwise is like searching for a needle in a large haystack. Expecting to catch over a weeks holiday, or without knowing a water like the back of your hand and a having a concerted groundbaiting regime is quite simply relying on extreme luck and that is no guarantee of success. 20 & 30 pounders are not rare but they require hard work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1