Out Of Season Water Points

olliverdrake

Good evening folks

We are spending Christmas afloat thanks to The Broads Boating Company. I have, as probably many of you do, a missus and kids who will think that everything aboard will be as at home and in endless supply. Knowing that this is not the case I was wondering where I am able to fill up with water on both the northern and not too far into the southern broads should we get across Breydon, tides and weather permitting.

Forum members help would be much appreciated.

Glenn

Hi Glenn 

Reedham on but bring short length of hose as Alan suggests 

Brooms 

Goodchilds

Boulters 

Horning Marina Services

Ludham Bridge Boatyard (may need to ring) 

Sutton Staithe Boatyard 

Moonfleet 

Ranworth 

Faircraft Loynes (in the yard) 

BBC of course 

Poss pilot moorings at Potter 

Should be a few to go on with :-) 

• Like 2

And even better proposal is not to have a shower every day or twice a day!!! You won't be seeing too many people so you won't put too many off and its only the showers we insist on taking that uses the water in such quantities!!

Cooking etc does not use that much so a tank full will last all the time you are on the boat....!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marshman said:

And even better proposal is not to have a shower every day or twice a day!!! You won't be seeing too many people so you won't put too many off and its only the showers we insist on taking that uses the water in such quantities!!

Cooking etc does not use that much so a tank full will last all the time you are on the boat....!!

Besides which it is too darn cold to stand in a boat shower this time of year! 

Check with BBC that they have no problems with you crossing Breydon, some hire companies don’t allow it out of season. 

Wherever you go and whatever you do I am sure you will enjoy near empty rivers and a choice of moorings. Magic - enjoy!

• Like 2

We tend to shower on the move, rather than first thing, when the boat has warmed up. Marshman has a point, you don't strictly need a full shower every day, a good wash will usually suffice! :default_norty: 

The taps are left on at Reedham but they take the hoses away. You can even fill with a bucket, been there, done that! 

We've never had a problem with Swancraft, Bridgecraft, Herbert Woods or Faircraft Loynes crossing Breydon. There's no reason why you can't but might be a good idea to check just in case. 

But I agree, it's a magical time to be on the river. 

• Like 1

I for one shower every 3-4 days when afloat. In between times a good wash down with a flannel and soap suffices.   I've not had any adverse comments about my personal hygiene  - or perhaps people are just being polite .

When we were kids in the 60's we had to make do with a tin bath in front of the fire in the living room once a week, whether we needed it or not :12_slight_smile:, and doing without didn't do anyone any lasting harm.

• Like 4