Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

If you will take to advice of an old man Robin, gentle your way into handling a boat of such short LOA mated to 100bhp. I speak as one who did a " Donald Campbell" in a Dell Quay Dory as a young man. The wrong combination of power. Wave type and wind on the bow and you need a Pilots Licence.

• Like 5

I can power limit the engine with a key. But it is completely pointless if you were going to buy such a thing but as a package with the boat it’s worth keeping.

I still would like to at least give it a try now and then so it’s important to have it ready to go. I’ve also decided today to have all the fasteners and hose clamps changed to stainless steel as the current are mild steel and beginning to corrode. New spark plugs going in today too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Shame you turned left not right,  I would have lined up the crew to salute as you passed :default_biggrin:

Every time I have seen you you have looked very comfortable sitting in your seat, no need to stand up to salute.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Oh yes, had to lower the arials though. We now reckon Indy’s air draft to be about 23ft 6”

Griff

I think my little silouette sailing cruiser was less than that!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, socrates said:

You are welcome to come and see us in the shed at Somerleyton tomorrow afternoon. However, you may be given a paint brush.

Us ? I'm in brundall :default_biggrin::default_drinks::default_drinks: 

3 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Just seen a mega Trader go past,  I didn't salute as I know it's noet Indy. :default_biggrin:

That's a 41 foot version its been around brundall all day , obviously not as big in fact the difference between that boat and independence is the difference between a family home and a tower block :15_yum: why have we suddenly started saluting boats all of a sudden surely a wave is sufficient :default_biggrin: