Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

Hi vanessan, we made the decision a few years back and now live on our boat. We didn't want to be stuck in some care home, blanket over our knees wishing we had done this and that. Mind you the bucket list has not all been ticked yet.

I think I will have to frame a copy of the quote and fix it up in Lady Linda.

Come on Indy, where are you, the suspense is killing me.

Colin:594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

• Like 5

I don’t know how many of you know what has happened to Robin but it is very sad that he had to leave the boat. I know she will be in good hands with Charlie and the crew but it must be heartbreaking for Robin. Incredibly brave of him to do that write-up on FB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, grendel said:

she has been off AIS for nearly 3 1/2 hours now, - hopefully she should be returning within range of the shore signal soon. hopefully off Aldeburgh or Southwold

Registering again now, just passed Felixstowe heading towards Aldeburgh

It must have been an incredibly hard decision to come to, especially as it’s the home leg.

I think it shows the absolute trust he has in such an experienced crew, and huge strength of caracter to admit his own limitations. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I don’t know how many of you know what has happened to Robin but it is very sad that he had to leave the boat. I know she will be in good hands with Charlie and the crew but it must be heartbreaking for Robin. Incredibly brave of him to do that write-up on FB. 

For those who dont do Facebook - what write up?    Are you saying something has happened at home at he has had to leave the boat?    We are all thinking of him.

For those who don't do Facebook, and maybe worried, quick synopsis.

Robin has admitted to having an anxiety attack during yesterdays leg of the journey during some of the rougher seas and has taken the decision to complete the last leg of the journey by train, leaving Independence in the very capable hands of Griff and the rest of the team. It must have been a very tough decision and he gets my respect even more for opening up on Facebook and all respect to Griff for being a true friend in need.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Hylander said:

For those who dont do Facebook - what write up?    Are you saying something has happened at home at he has had to leave the boat?    We are all thinking of him.

As Robin poster himself on facebook I'm sure he will not object to it being reported here. He had an anxiety attack whilst onboard yesterday and became quite disorientated. He felt it was best to leave the boat and make way to Gt Yarmouth by train. I'm sure he'll be on the quayside to welcome the crew in later today. The boat is in safe hands with Griff and Howard on board.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Complete sympathy with Robin,   I nearly had a nervous breakdown when we purchased our boat and took it from Wroxham to Stalham so just imagine the strain, stress and worry (despite all of the bravado)  he has gone through.   A really long trip to boot and typical February seas as well.    Thank goodness for the guys on board.    Friendship like that cannot be priced.    You all deserve a medal.

• Like 2

I have refreshed the "MarineTraffic" site a few times in the last few minutes.  They are only showing 7 or 8 kts with wildly different headings each time, so I'm guessing it's rough out there!

I'm also guessing that the 4.5 hrs is going to be more accurate for the remaining time.

• Like 1