Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

Whilst trying to take Photo's and video's myself. Pete had his Canon on burst mode and it sounded like, a clan of obssesed crickets out for a jolly

will pop another video on soon. it's a very rough unedited version from a video camera

• Thanks 1

Crew at the moment consists of Charlie Griffin, Howard Griffin, Brian (Crabfat) Pyle, Pete (Wizzard),  and our very own Doug (Brundallnavy).

Robin is probably hovering at the harbour entrance in Great Yarmouth awaiting the first sighting on the Horizon.

• Thanks 1

Those photos are seriously scarey.  Griff and crew you are amazing.  I wouldnt have lasted out of the first port before being sick.  Robin, you made the right decision and Indy is in very safe hands.  You can now get a bit of energy up to get ready with the hose to wash the salt off Indy when she arrives home ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paws said:

Are they staying in Yarmouth overnight they will need a good drink I would need my feet on firm ground 

I would imagine the decision is tide dependent due to Indy’s draft and also the fact the two bridges they will need to pass have to be booked 24hrs in advance 

When did Robin get off? Surely he hasn't missed the peaks and troughs,I recall he got excited on Breydon and steered in and out of a fast boat's wake. If he was looking at the photos  of Indy apparently playing submarines I expect he is lying down in a darkened room!

As Grendel said Breydon bridge is constantly manned.

Haven bridge is not constantly manned and someone from Breydon has to be dispatched to open Haven that is why they need approximate times.

Now punching at 10.6 knts the speed that Charlie wanted all the way

Ah well best laid plans

4 minutes ago, Meg said:

When did Robin get off? Surely he hasn't missed the peaks and troughs,I recall he got excited on Breydon and steered in and out of a fast boat's wake. If he was looking at the photos  of Indy apparently playing submarines I expect he is lying down in a darkened room!

Robin disembarked at Dover apparently, messing about on Breydon in someone’s wake is very very different to the sea’s Griff and the team are experiencing now it’s relentless and nothing you can do about it other than ride it out