Going Down Now Sir

MauriceMynah

Right, That time has happened and I'm homeless as of this weekend...Well, not quite, I shall be staying with my mate Rufus and his mother. However, Rufus is one of the very few carbon based life forms, who has no internet at his house, so for a while I'm going to be missing from the forum ... (except if I'm in a pub with access) ...(which might be quite often)...(Rufus does like a drink or two) ...

O(n a different subject, I have a 20m coil of copper tubing 8mm od. Is anyone thinking about doing any DIY that might require  such stuff?   Free to anyone who wants it but are not in a rush for it. I'll get it to my boat as and when I can. If the requirement is a bit more rushed than that there are one or two members here who have my mobile number, so answer here and I'm sure that someone will contact me..

Behave while I'm away :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is the only way I can stay on line when I come back to Norfolk these days. It does mean you get into the pleasant habit of going to the local pub for a pint before lunch!

But then, I was in that habit anyway!

Hope you get things sorted out soon John, and keep in touch.

• Like 1

You'll be OK John , your a smart cookie , huge change though but I'm positive you will get your head around it , I'll PM you my mobile no so if you need any advice on anything re your boat and living on it ( though not sure your doing that now ) , either way the very best of everything mate :default_beerchug:

9 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

O(n a different subject, I have a 20m coil of copper tubing 8mm od. Is anyone thinking about doing any DIY that might require  such stuff?   Free to anyone who wants it but are not in a rush for it. I'll get it to my boat as and when I can. If the requirement is a bit more rushed than that there are one or two members here who have my mobile number, so answer here and I'm sure that someone will contact me..

That's the gin still dismantled then!!:default_drinks:

I wish that I could help but other than offering you a square on which to pitch a tent and a nearby manhole cover down which to shoot your slops I have nothing of practical value to a new age mariner of some vintage. However I can wish you a swift readjustment to the next chapter in your life. 

You've got the number...If you don't check in with me...I'll check in with you, you are not that far away. I'll mount an expedition, although there are laws against that sort of thing. Perhaps I could send up a satellite and slingshot around the backside of Maurice Mynah? Be good...and if you can't be good, be careful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi MM, hope you will be warm and safe at your mates for a while. Why these things happen at this time of year God knows. Not sure where you are moored but should you have to live aboard and in the Thorpe area give us a shout and we will have a pint.:default_drinks:

It may be worth getting a wifi dongle on PAYG. It will be useful on the boat as well. Flea bay has some good cheap ones. We have only ever had wifi as no landline.

All the very best

Colin and Ruth

• Like 3