First Day Of Advent

Chelsea14Ian

The Boys have a Star Wars calendar each, the excitement by just opening one little window is absolutely brilliant. Went to see the towns Christmas lights and tree being switched on yesterday evening, if I hear one more Micheal Buble song I swear I will scream. The boys met Santa (didn't really look much like Santa if I'm honest) but a lovely time just the same. Tree and decorations are going up at home today, it's feeling a lot like Christmas now, jeez that's a line from an MB song lol

Grace :default_xmas2:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Thanks for that Jay :default_2gunsfiring_v1: the man is so talented but I just can't get 'It's looking a lot like Christmas' out of my head, even singing it in the shower this morning and not very well apparently :default_rolleyes:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

I'm sure you have the voice of an angel. (A Hells Angel)

I know, I know, it's an old joke but still.

14 hours ago, Gracie said:

The Boys......

Grace :default_xmas2:

How old are they Grace? There is a very small window from being old enough to know and enjoy what's going on to  being too old.

Those years are special, you can't get them back. (state the obvious W!!)

My GK's are a year away from really understanding.

On another note, why do we never hear this song on the radio, the  lovely Gilbert....

• Like 1

My Nan loved him. Her name was Claire, another gilbert O Sullivan song if I remember correctly (she played it often enough). How old is it? Your guess is as good as mine lol. I so know about not getting the years back, I've lost a couple to be honest and treasure every moment of my life with my family and friends (on this forum too) but Micheal Buble?? Please, shopping centre's and Christmas light switch on's.....give it a rest :facepalm:

A lovely video, thanks for posting :default_icon_luvlove:

Grace

• Thanks 1

When we were kids, advent calendars just had little festive pictures behind the doors and we still thought they were fantastic. Of course my parents, being thrifty Yorkshire folk, re-used the same calendar for about  5 years until several of the little doors had fallen off, at which point they grudgingly replaced it.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, SteveO said:

When we were kids, advent calendars just had little festive pictures behind the doors and we still thought they were fantastic. Of course my parents, being thrifty Yorkshire folk, re-used the same calendar for about  5 years until several of the little doors had fallen off, at which point they grudgingly replaced it.

Is it also true that Yorkshire folk reuse their teabags, or is it just a rumour?:default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 00:40, Wyndham said:

This one....

You realise, if you swap one letter of her name she was a lovely cake.!

Thats where i got my daughters name from lol , as soon as i heard the song i decided that was going to be her name lol . Lori