Sunrise/ Sunset

marshman

The best news today is that after tomorrow it is not going to get any darker in the evenings and indeed from the weekend it is going to get lighter (in the evenings! ). Granted it is still getting darker in the mornings until after Christmas, but I don't care!!  Its all downhill from now on!!

Yippee!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If, for example, there was a power cut on Friday evening and all the street lights went out, surely it would be darker than it was on the Wednesday night.

And therefore the theory of the nights not getting any darker would have been incorrect :default_blink:

I like the dark evenings and mornings. It' harder for people to see what your up to on the way to and from the pub. :default_biggrin:

It also means people don't see the state I'm in towards the end of a long run when I'm sure I look similar to 

Crazy-Face.jpg

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

We have them around here, as ornaments since the county council decided to turn them off over night. Due to cutbacks the pavements are not fixed and are very uneven in places. The verges are overgrown and impeding the foot path making a night time walk back from the station very hazardous, and just to top it all, the drivers all seem to think they now need to use full beam in built up areas due to the street lights being turned off, meaning your night vision is totally shot.

On 12/12/2017 at 08:56, marshman said:

The best news today is that after tomorrow it is not going to get any darker in the evenings and indeed from the weekend it is going to get lighter (in the evenings! ). Granted it is still getting darker in the mornings until after Christmas, but I don't care!!  Its all downhill from now on!!

Yippee!!

I agree 21st December days start to get longer (thank the Lord).          Some days of late it has barely got light at all.     2.30 you have to have a light on to be able to see anything.        Then you get a bright sunny day and you have more daylight so it all depends.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
1 hour ago, Hylander said:

I agree 21st December days start to get longer (thank the Lord).          Some days of late it has barely got light at all.     2.30 you have to have a light on to be able to see anything.        Then you get a bright sunny day and you have more daylight so it all depends.

I tend to think that when you get a cloudless day, you have more daylight, even on cloudy days the sun is still up there somewhere. Roll on the 21st, but as Marshy says it is already staying light, later.