A Winters Tale

12 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Lovely!

Woo-hoo, only six weeks to go before the next Broads jaunt!

Don't forget I'll be the boat with the idiot singing at the top of his voice with his head out the helms roof no matter the weather :default_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Gracie said:

In Jay's head he sings like Ed Sheeran or John Legend but in reality he actually doesn't :default_norty:

Sorry babe, love ya really

Grace

Finding faults with me already Grace.

I thought we were still in the honeymoon period, but it seems I need to start working on All Of Me.

:default_smile:

21 minutes ago, finny said:

You didn't convince me jay ...............put a bit of more harshness in next time :default_biggrin:.........winter cruising is still a hush hush job tha knows 

finny

Ok

I ruddy think I ruddy well convinced buggers to stay a ablooming way with  my unique ruddy renditions of other bloody wise popular blooming music :default_icon_twisted:

Harsh enough?

I just thought we had similar characteristics thats all :default_biggrin:.

Are you calling me your precious Helen? I'm flattered, thank you.

I shall let you enjoy a view of Gollum for a while then if you enjoy Tolkien so much :default_biggrin:

Just now, YnysMon said:

Similar characteristics? You don’t go around nabbing and eating orcs , do you?

Sorry I should have specified physical characteristics, although at the end of a night out, I'm sure I've eaten worse than an orc :default_unsure:

• 9 months later...

Thursday 6th December

The Introduction

Well here I am again, with a story that seems to recur so often, my week should have started on Saturday the 1st December but once more a lack of staffing at work and not enough drivers meant that my leave was cancelled at short notice, meaning from Sunday to Thursday morning I would be required to report for duty.

Fortunately I had been lucky enough to secure the week of the 8th December too so instead of 2 weeks I was still able to enjoy a 9 night break before I return again for the New Year :594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

So at 5 a.m. I sat at work drinking a coffee, looking out the window and getting ready to set off back to Brundall, trying to keep my sore eyes open

20181206_055256.thumb.jpg.4a2aa61a07bf04b4cd4174433fa3b5b7.jpg

After a couple of large mugs of coffee, and a cheeky motivational talk with the lady (thank you darling :default_icon_kiss:) I finally set off heading back to Brundall and back on the water again just after 6 a.m.

20181206_060922.thumb.jpg.88635dabd0a5f74c856ff0c38bfc0089.jpg

The car journey was long, slow and frustrating on my poor tired brain (and there isn't much of it to handle anything anyway) but I have arrived (approx 0930 I'll check back to see) and so it is time for the latest instalment of the exciting, enthralling "A Winters Tale".

If you spot me today, I'm sorry I'm a walking zombie so please excuse me, my appearance and my lack of boat handling capabilities :default_smiley-angelic002:

Stay tooooned.

I mean if you want to, it's not like you have to. And I wouldn't because they are awfully boring, but if you want to you are welcome to come along with me.

Ok I'll shut up now, I'll regret this post tomorrow when I've slept :default_biggrin:

More to follow.....

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

Now you know very well that your tales are always welcomed, whether or not you are ‘compos mentis’. So just enjoy a good sleep and then start your new story. Hope the weather is good to you. :default_stinky:

You know the song I'll sleep when I'm dead? :default_biggrin:

Thanks Mrs V, I'll update/catch up as soon as I can

Here you go then pubby people, which pub is this? I've given you a full view of the bar to make it easy, and then gone and obscured it a little to make it harder.

I'll adjust the level of obscuration in later pics depending on how well you do :default_norty:

20181206_152852.thumb.jpg.65bc44ecae25f89bc3d8cfa0b89ad7b6.jpg