New Year's Eve

Gracie

I would just like to wish everyone on here a very Happy New Year. Have a lovely evening whether you're afloat, partying or at home and let's spare a thought for those who are working to keep us safe. They're the one's that should be on the New Years Honours list

Tonight will be spent with just my men and me round the fire watching movies, whatever you're doing stay safe and warm. I hope  2018 brings us all happy times afloat and maybe the odd new pair of shoes :default_norty:

Thank you for another great year on the forum too, especially you guys that keep it up and running, you're stars you really are (sounds like a ruddy Oscars speech Lol)..........and I would just like to thank.....nah just kidding

Happy New Year to you all

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Happy New Year and happy and safe boating to everyone wherever you are and as always Grace is spot on with her sentiments.

I have THE VISITOR at the moment so have spent the afternoon in the kitchen not with wine glass but doing a seriously large batch of ironing which for some reason took even longer than usual.  Have to do a taxi-ing run shortly hence the late of refreshment!

Liz and Water Rail (who is about to enter her 85th year if my calculations are correct?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year to all on NBN!

We will be spending a quiet New Year's eve. Nik has a bad cold and I am fighting one off.  Always seems to get us at this time of the year, which is one of the reasons I don't particularly like the New Year celebration. 

Still,  hopefully we can look for better times ahead -longer, warmer days and lots of time spent on the water.

• Like 5

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

Hoping that everyone has a safe, healthy and fun 2018 doing whatever makes you happy.

At this time of year my dad would always come out with   "May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live"

Takes me back a lot of years but the sentiment is still the same.

Best Wishes everyone !!

Jeff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Sat listening to the rain drumming on the window - together with fireworks going off.  It really erupts at midnight here.

We have none due to (a) believing the weather forecast which turned out to be true and (b) we'll be walking to the nearby stables where "our" horse** is to help the owners calm all the nags down - they don't like the noise you know.

**Horse is owned by the wife;  ridden daily by daughter who mostly finances the running costs.

• Like 4

Just me , the boss and the young lad. 

Feels very strange, usually have folk round or go out . Trivial pursuits in on the cards I think . 

Going visiting tomorrow , so will have an unusually clear head for New Year's Day , which will be nice.

All the best to you all , Lang may yur lum reek 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Happy New Year all. Just a quiet night in alone for me, just finished work and back in the morning so it'll be an early night for me.

Enjoy whatever your all doing.

Having said that, it's bloody boring on your own :default_biggrin: