Nbn Quiz Night

Arthur

13 hours ago, Wyndham said:

Sure did, Thanks.:91_thumbsup:

However I must gripe that I didn't figure on the "scores on the draws" section. I can only assume that it was because the 1.5 points I totalled was 1 for turning up and half for sympathy, therefore worthy of being swept under the carpet.:default_biggrin::default_beerchug:

Don't know where you got 1 and a half from wyndham you scored 3. The lowest score was 2 and it was not you.

Following on from Nigel (Fair T' Middlin's )excellent quiz last week. I will be QM on Friday,  kicking off around 8.30pm:

Topics will be:

1. Watching the Detectives   2. Bad guys have all the fun   3. Raining cats and dogs

Half time break for fluid in/fluid out

4. Number phrases   5. Food and Drink  6. General Mayhem

To join the quiz, go to: 

http://www.nbnquiz.co.uk/chat/index.php

Enter your username but do not enter a password.

All are welcome for some lighthearted quizzing and banter.

Cheers 

Steve

Thanks Steve0 for another great quiz.

For those who don't understand the previous teddy post, Lulu wanted to throw some teddies out of somewhere, I'm talking the real Lulu, the one who sung Boom bang a bang at the Eurovision song contest. Anyhow, to placate her it was agreed that at the spring NBN meet there would be a distance and accuracy teddy throwing competition.:default_biggrin:

I'm sitting/wobbling on the QM chair this Friday,  kicking off around 8.30pm:

Topics will be:

1. Activity stuff

2. Food and booze

3  Gogglebox

HALF TIME BREAK FOR DRINKS AND NIBBLES

4.  Past and world

5.   Sciencey stuff

6.   Whatever

To join the quiz, go to: 

http://www.nbnquiz.co.uk/chat/index.php

Enter your username but do not enter a password.

Please bear (no pun intended) with me, as this is my first time and probably the last!

All welcome,  even the usual latecomers.  :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Just a reminder about tonight's quiz - kick off at 8.30pm 

Selsie will be my assistant doing the scoring.  Any complaints about the result, please refer to him.  I will not be responsible for adding up ::594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

just for Lulu to prove an answer - 

from https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Unseen_University

The Unseen University has gates of octiron, and single-minded Bledlows to perform the Ceremony of the Keys every night. The University has an octagonal lawn, roses, other plants, and compost heaps tended by Mr. Modo, the university's dwarf gardener. The buildings are of ancient stone, and contain many dark, winding corridors and small rooms, far more than the size of the grounds should allow. The unusual architecture of the building suggests that the top storeys and roof were built before the ground floors. Inside the University is the Great Hall, where the Wizard's four main meals of the day are eaten. Also noteworthy are the hundreds of paintings and busts of former Archchancellors that line the vestibule just outside the Great Hall. Other notable features are the Uncommon Room, the staffroom of the Faculty (see below); the gymnasium (which is for students to practise spells, not exercise, and - as such - is lined and protected very powerfully); the Emperor candle and the Tesseractical floor.

for details of the ceremony try this.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=3sYbDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA13&lpg=PA13&dq=unseen+university+ceremony+of+the+keys&source=bl&ots=UJxoggvo8v&sig=C1uCn91MWVaPHgsRDjhT5FdMptU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi298j4peHZAhWFLsAKHfpnCPYQ6AEIbDAL#v=onepage&q=unseen university ceremony of the keys&f=false

thank you Grendel. Ill award you an extra point and a box of tofu :default_biggrin:

I have to say, it really is quite hard setting questions,  trying to make sure the info is accurate and trying to get a balance of easyish and more taxing questions . If i get to do it again i will use two screens. My son's bedroom is like mission control he has so many screens