Well Done BA On These Two Prosecutions

Meantime

8 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Interesting to note that ones of those nabbed was on Breydon where there is no speed-limit. 

According to the EDP, the Breydon incident caused damage & distress so it would seem to be more than just speed.

Liked for one simple reason , as in this night time BA got serious about this issue , this moron has personally caused me grief and others to say nothing of the swans , but then again BA weren't interested at all about Norwich schools rowing through 12-15 swans hitting at least 10 of them with oars , there's attitude on that day way oh , I suppose you could ring the RSPOB , or swan rescue , other than that it was a big so what .

So don't be under the false illusion that they ate wild life orientated , as I found out directly from the then head of ranger services they clearly are not .

That said good prosecution although I fail to see how this has anything to do with those that are going about their business in a legal way in an area designated for craft to exceed the speed limit under strict conditions , that is a totally different issue ! .

My main problem is how long will it be at £5 a week for the debt to be cleared as its well know that some simply use the fat the maximum that can be taken from them under DWP rules is that much and hence see it as a form of credit .

8 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

According to the EDP, the Breydon incident caused damage & distress so it would seem to be more than just speed.

Agree, seems it was deemed inconsiderate and quite rightly so if reporting is correct.

Interesting to note that ones of those nabbed was on Breydon where there is no speed-limit. 

I was told very clearly by a Ranger that if not towing a wake boarder on Breydon speeding past other boats was definitely not ok.
To be clear, I have no problem with that and the Rangers have been nothing but helpful with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

Exactly its duty of care that they prosecute on in the case of braydon , there used to be a boat on the yare who's owner had multiple convictions for that in that very area ,  and that's exactly why all those that test on the yare slow down for others .

1 hour ago, JohnK said:

I was told very clearly by a Ranger that if not towing a wake boarder on Breydon speeding past other boats was definitely not ok.
To be clear, I have no problem with that and the Rangers have been nothing but helpful with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there are other boats on Breydon travelling in any direction I don't go above hire boat speed

2 hours ago, Philosophical said:

I hope it wasn't spilt G&T :default_drink_2: Seriously though I do remember a number of years ago walking along the edge of Breydon past the NRA mooring and seeing a guard ship or marshall for a sailing regatta and they were getting particularly annoyed at being bounced around from the wash of speeding boats. Speed limit or not on Breydon, surely navigating with due care and respect for others comes first. Having said that, every time I have been on Breydon all planeing boats have slowed for me. My only criticism is sometimes slowing too late and the wash catches you up, or if they take off again too soon.

14 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Oooohhhhh, just wait til next month when I'm skippering Independence across Breydon. North to South, semi displacement, 23:5 x tons throttles down 22kts.  Bring it on! :default_icon_twisted:

Griff

Doesn't matter how big the vessel is you still have a dute of care to others around you regardless of size .

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Oooohhhhh, just wait til next month when I'm skippering Independence across Breydon. North to South, semi displacement, 23:5 x tons throttles down 22kts.  Bring it on! :default_icon_twisted:

Griff

You will be fine just say you are recording it for marketing purposes.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Ricardo - you will probably be able to answer this. Is that little yellow boat the one that was moored at Riverside for a lot of last year? We moored there to shop at Morrison’s a number of times and each time the boat was there, moored permanently perhaps?

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

Ricardo - you will probably be able to answer this. Is that little yellow boat the one that was moored at Riverside for a lot of last year? We moored there to shop at Morrison’s a number of times and each time the boat was there, moored permanently perhaps?

Yes it most certainly is that boat and no its not supposed to be moored there as that's where waveney stardust picks up from as much as anything , the owner lives in the tower block on the other side of the river , sails it like its struck on full throttle all the time and since purchase seams to think tolls are for other people to pay .

Combined tolls , speeding and costs its near enough 3k , now if he's on department of work and pensions payments then the maximum the court can have deducted from his benefits is £5 per week ,that going to take a Long time to pay off , and its the same if someone in the same position goes to court regarding tolls , hence many and I do know one person that has been convicted 3 times back to back but many just see it a form of credit , once convicted they can't be touched untiy next time , most get around £700 In toll payments costs etc every time they are in court and BA have to wait a considerable length of time to get it back as do the treasury with the fines , its totally wrong this repeat offending and to me 3 strikes and your off the river , CRT on the canals wouldn't put up with it they simply cease your boat live aboard or not and iv seen that done in the past n ist not pretty as obviously the police are present etc , so as much as this is welcomed news its really a joke , if he walked away tomorrow then only him reclaiming in another area would he be traced by the courts  although I would expect a warrant for arrest to be issued for none payment .

Sorry I've got on my soap box a bit in my reply but this really hacks me off as they aren't boaters or live a boards they are people who will not act in accordance of the rules n its as simple as that really .

So just another boat owner who thinks rules and regs don’t apply to him then!! The problem with him mooring semi-permanently at Riverside is that eventually no mooring notices will appear and that will put paid to any boater mooring there to shop at the Riverside shops. Now that would be a shame, when we’ve stopped there is usually at least one vessel there with it’s owner shopping!

That's exactly right I use it a lot for shopping , that area it is allowed but most of it isn't n its a council problem not BA hence they don't get involved much, but yep that's what will happen a few ruin it for the majority as always , and that another thing that hacks me off , time those responsible paid not those that aren't :40_rage:.

28 minutes ago, vanessan said:

The problem with him mooring semi-permanently at Riverside is that eventually no mooring notices will appear and that will put paid to any boater mooring there to shop at the Riverside shops

But now sticking up for him, I seem to remember when Colin Wake (owner of Lantern Taverns) had a pub there in the mid 90's, there were no mooring signs all along there due to merchant ships unloading in Norwich. There is a perfectly adequate yacht station to moor at a little further along. I think it makes for a pretty ride along that stretch free from boats. I cannot see no difference between stopping to shop there of semi permanent mooring there. Whats isn't ok for semi  permanent mooring shouldn't also be for shopping.

3 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

But now sticking up for him, I seem to remember when Colin Wake (owner of Lantern Taverns) had a pub there in the mid 90's, there were no mooring signs all along there due to merchant ships unloading in Norwich. There is a perfectly adequate yacht station to moor at a little further along. I think it makes for a pretty ride along that stretch free from boats. I cannot see no difference between stopping to shop there of semi permanent mooring there. Whats isn't ok for semi  permanent mooring shouldn't also be for shopping.

I don’t disagree with you but, until that area started being developed, there were signs there indicating 2 hour mooring availability. It was never clear who had actually put the sign there but it was generally accepted. I guess the sign was removed when they started building. It would be far better if it either became a recognised short stay mooring or no mooring signs were put up. Not everyone wants to go to Norwich YS, it would be quite a walk back from Morrison’s with shopping bags. There are food shops reasonably close to the YS but not with the choice of M’s and there is also a variety of other shops at Riverside too. Personally I love mooring at the YS and going into the city but I also appreciate being able to do a big shop without actually visiting the city. 

• Like 2

We have used the mooring near Morrisons on several occasions. We usually take our boat up to the wide area near Weatherspoons to turn and the back to the new bridge to moor port side. Ruth will then go to Morrisons while I stay with the boat. The yacht station is a long way from any good shopping when you have arthritis even though we have a granny shopping trolley. I also like the fact the bridge pier affords a little protection from passing boats.

Colin:default_drinks:

• Like 2