Boat Blaze

JennyMorgan

Oh this is such a shame. Although we didn't know them well, every few weeks dad and son with 2 dogs would row up to the green end to get water from us opposite the church. I do hope they were not onboard, they were genuinely nice people and wish them well.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm pretty certain that its not that yacht as im sure I can see it from the moorings , that said I'll take team fog for s walk down there in a bit and find out for sure , my guess is its one from Thorpe marsh's although there was nothing untoward yesterday afternoon when I came past with the exception of a  blue Norman that has sunk on the main river by the rail bridge at the rush cutters end of Thorpe island  .

Well iv had a look and no its not the yacht , what it is or rather was is a sea master that was moored at Thorpe marsh's , its clear from the bank where it was moored yesterday afternoon that it was on fire at that side of the river , to be honest iv never seen anyone around it but I do know its been broken into before today , my guess would be deliberately set on fire and  the area is well known as a hot spot for trouble hence I won't moor there anymore .

Theres no sign of the boat or marker posts etc at all so it possibly didn't sink and has been recovered this morning .

As far as I know it was unoccupied but its a while since iv been there and will only stop in commissioners cut now .

31 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

As far as I know it was unoccupied but its a while since iv been there and will only stop in commissioners cut now .

A bit off "piste" I know. Just before Christmas I decided to take a journey down memory lane. Well, Whitlingham Lane to be exact. Turned off the road at the bottom of Thunder Lane to have a look at the river, walk along the bank, have a look at the Commissioners Cut. A bit of a nose about.

I was amazed to note that Whitlingham Lane is a private road. Never noticed it before. Parked up at the crossing gate.

On the way home I noticed a number of new no parking signs. Plus a bright shiny spanking new CCTV camera. The road is only about 100 yes long. The fine for parking £100. So, ain't going there no more. Pity.

That's what I love about our own National Park. For the people, by the people. But not all of us.

Seems to be the norm these days

Andrew

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wussername said:

A bit off "piste" I know. Just before Christmas I decided to take a journey down memory lane. Well, Whitlingham Lane to be exact. Turned off the road at the bottom of Thunder Lane to have a look at the river, walk along the bank, have a look at the Commissioners Cut. A bit of a nose about.

I was amazed to note that Whitlingham Lane is a private road. Never noticed it before. Parked up at the crossing gate.

On the way home I noticed a number of new no parking signs. Plus a bright shiny spanking new CCTV camera. The road is only about 100 yes long. The fine for parking £100. So, ain't going there no more. Pity.

That's what I love about our own National Park. For the people, by the people. But not all of us.

Seems to be the norm these days

Andrew

Its been like that for a while n trust me its enforced not that that's through personal experience but iv seen plenty tickets issued , however if you own a house there its fine apparently .

What's good about this forum is that they actually care about others and their boats , not only that we have the advantage of accurate information , elsewhere however I'd presumed that this,vessel was at the back of Thorpe island and that the emergency service's were sent to the wrong side of the river where as the truth is the fire brigade were both sides of the river but access to the bottom of the great broad is virtually impossible with a fire tender .

But heat hoy we have good info n good ground troops here n just in case folk think I'm patting my own back I serious am not it was lucky that's all that I was here nothing else , my point is simple this forum covers the north and south broads with its network of information via member where others sadly lack that .

12 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/broads-authority-recovers-burnt-boat-sets-about-tracing-owner-1-5356369

Someone could be facing a hefty bill from the BA, the owner or the toll payer!

Yes and we all know who eventually pays :44_frowning2: , BA now know the name of the person who towed the vessel up to Thorpe Marsh's after all he might there's a good possibly he knows the owner .

I did chuckle at the only 2 boats sunk on the broads I know of 2 in Thorpe although 1  is quite recent .

Ricardo, I take it then that the recovered boat is not the one inhabited by the one man, his son and his dog then? The ranger for the area should know if the sunken boat was registered, as it should have been, so hopefully the owner will be traced. Mind you demolition of a concrete boat won't come cheap and whether the owner will have the dosh to pay remains open to speculation.

5 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Ricardo, I take it then that the recovered boat is not the one inhabited by the one man, his son and his dog then? The ranger for the area should know if the sunken boat was registered, as it should have been, so hopefully the owner will be traced. Mind you demolition of a concrete boat won't come cheap and whether the owner will have the dosh to pay remains open to speculation.

No its not them the concrete yacht is very much afloat , this boat was a sea master and can't have taken that much effort as it was raised  by lunch time and gone , it really depends on if its registered but at least they have a name to play  with now .

Thinking about it it might have been a old wind boat sure they did some concrete. Cruisers around 20-25foot ??? , I only think it's s sea master because of the large front screens of the 70s models .

8 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Windboats did make aft cockpit Seacrete hire boats. We had about 4 of them at Hearts in the days of Ladbrokes ownership.

Its more than posable it was one Vaughan , BA will know if I ever see a ranger that is they seam to be hiding these days :default_biggrin: