New(ish)

Ray

Hello everyone, I joined in mid December and should have introduced myself before this!

My better half, Gill and I retired last year and moved to Norfolk which has always felt like our spiritual home. Our first holiday as a married couple was on a boat called Conquest from Stalham Yacht Services, getting on for 40 years ago and so began our love affair with Norfolk in general and the Broads in particular.

After a false start due to inexperience having bought a boat that didn't suit us we now are the proud owners of a Hampton Safari Mk3 which we love and suits us perfectly. We took ownership just before Christmas, having our first short cruise out on the 23rd December, lunch in a nice pub and home. Best Christmas present ever.

Members here have already been generous with advice and I look forward to quietly fitting in with such a great group. 

• Like 9

Thank you all :)

Ian, we are at Potter in Herbert Woods marina. The guys there really helped us out when we had our 'false start' and it's only 15 or 20 minutes drive from home. It's almost like mooring in the back garden :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ray said:

There's just something about them isn't there? :)

Yes. Roomy and space efficient, incredibly stable, easy to handle (except reversing maybe lol), over 6ft headroom and built to last,  can you tell I'm a fan :5_smiley: