Back On The Broads 9th March

Markw

40 minutes ago, TostockTimonnier said:

Back in 2014 we hired Captain Horatio for the first week in September and we definitely had an electric tilt slide sunroof (operated from the helm) in the saloon, have they taken this away? We had company stop over one night and found saloon bed rather overbearing, no mud weight winch and and only two hob rings made an English breakfast a challenge but not impossible. An absolutely wonderful boat for two in my opinion, but would be a shame if the sunroof has been removed.

The sunroofs are still there but they have been bolted shut. One of the Broom’s guys told us that they had had to do that because so many were being damaged under bridges having been left open. The salon seemed quite airless when we looked over one on a hot day. A great shame but careless hirers appear to have caused the problem. 

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

The sunroofs are still there but they have been bolted shut. One of the Broom’s guys told us that they had had to do that because so many were being damaged under bridges having been left open. The salon seemed quite airless when we looked over one on a hot day. A great shame but careless hirers appear to have caused the problem. 

Thank you for the update, what a shame.

That does sound a shame about the sunroof. Maybe I just need to save for the boat I really want and finally cross Breydon Water to get back to the southern Broads ... we shall see. For now, I look forward to reading about Mark's next trip. Not long to go before the start of another season. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Markw.      Sorry sent that last post on my silly phone with a small keyboard.    I meant to say,  on the Brooms Captain boat, is it a gas hob and oven? Also although it doesn't look like it , is there room to store food at all.    I would love to see any photos that you have of the inside of the boat.   It does look very smart.        We are seriously thinking of booking.     Thank you  your help is much appreciated.

Hylander - yes - it is both a gas hob & gas oven - there are storage facilities in the galley - i will do my best to try and take some decent pics of as much as we can as there seems to be very few decent internal pics (apart from website) anywhere - as we take over the boat on Friday - before we throw all our stuff around the place... 

Only 3 days to go - glad we did not book for last weekend & although forecast is looking a little damp - at least the temp will have picked up somewhat - really cannot wait...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hylander said:

Markw.      Sorry sent that last post on my silly phone with a small keyboard.    I meant to say,  on the Brooms Captain boat, is it a gas hob and oven? Also although it doesn't look like it , is there room to store food at all.    I would love to see any photos that you have of the inside of the boat.   It does look very smart.        We are seriously thinking of booking.     Thank you  your help is much appreciated.

Hi Monica,

Here i a link to the Hoseasons website that has some pictures of the Broom Captain.

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/broom-captain-bh2180

Regards

Alan

6 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Monica,

Here i a link to the Hoseasons website that has some pictures of the Broom Captain.

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/broom-captain-bh2180

Regards

Alan

Thank you Alan,  pity they don't show more internal photos and not just of people.  Think it would be a tad crowded with four adults.

12 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Looks like a few forumites will be about on the Southern broads this weekend,  I am up Thursday so I will keep an eye out for forum flags :default_icon_wave:

That reminds me - i should really invest in an NBN burgee....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Now packed awaing the postman to pickup.

Wonderful - thanks for the very prompt service....  hopefully it will arrive tomorrow (should have ordered one earlier tbh) - as we are heading to Caister tomorrow night to visit parents - will stop over there & head to Brundall Friday morning...

If it does not get delivered tomorrow we will make use of it when we are back in September anyhow...  

• Like 1

Well, we are here... currently moored in Loddon- apart from one private boat - we have the staithe to ourselves....  also got 4g on mobile and tv signal... lol...

Will head out to the White Horse for a meal before returning to the Kings Head for a few drinks later tonight...

It’s blinking lovely being back on the Broads...

I will post a Holiday blog and boat review as and when we can...

Otherwise...... cheers....:default_beerchug:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Markw said:

Well, we are here... currently moored in Loddon- apart from one private boat - we have the staithe to ourselves....  also got 4g on mobile and tv signal... lol...

Will head out to the White Horse for a meal before returning to the Kings Head for a few drinks later tonight...

It’s blinking lovely being back on the Broads...

I will post a Holiday blog and boat review as and when we can...

Otherwise...... cheers....:default_beerchug:

:default_drink_2: