Dog Friendly Pubs

I have quite a few marked on my map for the northern Broads which I will list here. If you know of any others, especially on the southern Broads please add them.

And by 'Dog Friendly' I really mean ones that let dogs inside :)

Northern Broads

The White Horse Neatishead*

The Dog Ludham Bridge

The Lion Thurne

Hotel Wroxham Guess :default_biggrin:

The Boatshed Wroxham*

The Maltsters Ranworth

*These were the dogs favourites due to the dog treats given by the bar staff :default_beerchug:

7 minutes ago, misswhiplash said:

im sorry im not related but have used misswhiplash since the early days of the internet.thankyou ever so for the welcome.i have always been nervous to use the forum

Don't be. It's very friendly here, unbelievably so as the average forum goes. Why not tell us a bit about yourself in the new members section (or here we won't mind).

• Like 1

The Cross Keys at Dilham

The Swan Stalham

Not a pub, but worth visiting - Alfresco Tea Rooms, Ludham

Recruiting Sergeant, Horstead (nr Coltishall Locks)

The Red Lion, Coltishall

The Rising Sun, Coltishall (not that it's a place I'd choose to eat at, drinks maybe)

Acle Bridge Inn

Pedro's Acle (just have a 2-3 number of tables that are dog friendly, so probably best to book).  Haven't checked out Pedro's in Horning, but would imagine that has the same policy. 

Helen

• Like 1

Actually it's probably easier to list the pubs that don't allow dogs! As a tourist area the vast majority of pubs are savvy enough to allow dogs (at least in one area of the pub) and if a pub doesn't, take your custom elsewhere! The only pub I can think of that definitely doesn't is the Waters Edge. 

Serving food is not a legitimate reason to exclude dogs as long as they are not in the food preparation areas obviously. 

Strangely Wetherspoons don't allow dogs but screaming badly behaved kids are welcome! :default_norty:

• Like 1

The mention of Wetherspoons has reminded me that I’ve read some reviews mentioning that there are a few places in Beccles that are dog friendly: 1.The Bear and Bells 2. Graze at The White Horse 3. The Wine Vaults (bar area).  Not tried these out myself yet to find whether the reviews are accurate though.

We’ve also been to The Wherry in Geldeston with our dog, which we very much recommend.

Helen

• Like 1