Another Newbie

Jamboboatman

Hi All,

As a new member I thought I'd  give you a little bit of my back ground in boating.

First got involved in the early 80's in assisting a work coĺleague in restoring his Dutch built yacht and then bought my own 19foot Seamaster. Unfortunately after it suffered serious damage in a storm in Granton harbour and having a new outboard pinched I decided to give it up as a expensive hobby. A short time later another friend introduced me to Linlithgow Canal Society which I've now been a member for over 20 years.

Over those past years we have hired and cruised many canals including the River Wey, the Thames,the Fens and of course the Broads. Our first visit to the Broads was in the early 90's when we hired one of Fineway's cruisers, since then we have hired from HW, FCL, and one or two others, the last being one of Royals 2yrs  ago. I must admit nearly all our hires have been of good quality and our favourite boat being HW's "Shimmering Light" which we have hired 3 times.

We are now looking forward to cruising on BB's "Serenade " after watching the London Rascals review of her she certainly looks very classy.  Anyway may see some of you at the May Gathering.

Cheers all

JAMBOBOATMAN

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Welcome to the site, from one who goes up your way regularly, I've not sailed out of Granton But have out of South Queensferry. Much of my family lives in Bo'ness..

Hi TheQ thanks for the welcome and yes sailed a few times underneath the bridges can be quite interesting!!