Broads Toll

SueH

Well, I've just received the invoice for Moonlight Shadow's Broads Toll.

£569 and a bit.

BA can be very organised sometimes .....

A bit too soon even by my early payment standards to cough up me-thinks.

Good job BCBM reimburse quickly, that is quite a large chunk to come out of our account. 

Another good reason to be partners in a syndicate boat. (Hint, Hint!)

Sue

It might be good value, if half of it wasn't hived off for non navigational purposes!

JM, you always suck me into these debates
I’m not seeing that ....
I looked here:
http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/965886/Financial-Strategy-2016-17.pdf
And it reads to me that just over 3 million was raised in tolls 2016/2017 and 2/3 of that spent on nav operational costs. A significant amount of the remaining toll income seems to be spent on admin around navigation.
What am I missing?

[flippant mode on] why are national parks giving the BA more money than is raised in tolls if we’re not part of the NP family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, JohnK said:

JM, you always suck me into these debates emoji57.png
I’m not seeing that ....
I looked here:
http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/965886/Financial-Strategy-2016-17.pdf
And it reads to me that just over 3 million was raised in tolls 2016/2017 and 2/3 of that spent on nav operational costs. A significant amount of the remaining toll income seems to be spent on admin around navigation.
What am I missing?

[flippant mode on] why are national parks giving the BA more money than is raised in tolls if we’re not part of the NP family? emoji57.png

That was 2016.

Obfuscation is a BA speciality!!

Nobody is denying that the Broads is regarded as a member of the national parks family, that doesn't make it a national park though, mustn't ignore the facts!.

That was 2016.
Obfuscation is a BA speciality!!
Nobody is denying that the Broads is regarded as a member of the national parks family, that doesn't make it a national park though, mustn't ignore the facts!.

What are they obfuscating?

I’ve seen people claim the Broads isn’t in the NP family (can’t remember who or where though so you’ll have to take my word for it ).

A genuine question for you (and other like minded individuals) ... if you could make the whole NP thing go away (including the money) would you?

Easy solution to those complaing about a 3% rise , either sell up or get  a smaller boat or the obvious , quit moaning as there's nothing you can do about it with the exception of not paying obviously .

45 minutes ago, JohnK said:

What are they obfuscating?

There is no doubt whatsoever that in merging their accounts, as they have done, it has actually become quite hard when attempting to gain clear information as to where money goes and where money comes from. Not just my opinion but that of suitably qualified people.

I’ve seen people claim the Broads isn’t in the NP family (can’t remember who or where though so you’ll have to take my word for it emoji57.png). 

This is a hard one to debate, let alone argue. The tagline  'member of the national parks family' was apparently dreamed up by JP who then persuaded a minister at DEFRA to agree the suggestion. I have seen it mentioned on-line too so I'm not the only one to have heard that explanation.

A genuine question for you (and other like minded individuals) ... if you could make the whole NP thing go away (including the money) would you?

No, however I would insist that there is absolutely no obfuscation on the issue. 

• Like 1

Those 2016/2017 figures split the incomes and expenditure from the two main sources very well in my opinion.
Have they now stopped doing that?
However, you can’t complain they’re spending too much on admin then complain when they spend less time doing it by combining budgets