Are You Average?

JennyMorgan

5 minutes ago, grendel said:

mobile phone texts and calls, my last text 14th feb - that makes 5 this year - 2 of those were notifications of a successful top up, and a whole 7 phone calls.

'Bout the same here so  with folk like you and me dragging down those averages it must then beggar belief as to what the top end users are sending and receiving, mind boggling!

• Like 2

Never sent a text,  only ever recieve them from the phone company when I've used the phone.

Have only used a mobile phone maybe half a dozen times in my life.

There is a Mobile phone mast on the back of Horning sailing clubs race control box, and I believe another near the New Inn. But they I believe are Vodaphone...

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Never sent a text,  only ever recieve them from the phone company when I've used the phone.

Have only used a mobile phone maybe half a dozen times in my life.

There is a Mobile phone mast on the back of Horning sailing clubs race control box, and I believe another near the New Inn. But they I believe are Vodaphone...

Ah,  but Norfolk still has telegrams,  who needs text messages.  :default_biggrin:

When we retired and moved house, we didn't connect a phone to the landline, therefore all communications are via mobiles and email. We get enough free minutes to be able to ring back to those on landlines, and get very few nuisance calls. I do text but would rather speak direct. We get 1500 "free" minutes and never use all of them, so I suppose about four calls at least each day, six texts in or out. Hundreds of unread emails on two accounts, I can't be bothered to deal with most, I can usually see the subject and decide from that whether it needs opening or not. Texting is also bad for me owing to my lack of typing skills, please see my occasional appearances of the forum quiz for examples!

• Like 1

Ok - lets be controversial! As if......!!

I certainly could not be without my smart phone, although I am not up to "average" - quite!! How else do you keep up with your kids and grandkids? To be fair they tend to use Snapchat et all whereas I tend to use WhatsApp and messaging and I guess I get on average between 5/10 emails a day, all of which need attending to. The ones that don't, usually go to Junk anyway.

Now I don't profess to be up with technology at all, but some of you lot must be positively prehistoric - do your children /grandkids never contact you???

I am surprised that so many express surprise at that article - is it just the others don't want to stick their hand up?? How many of you still have a landline - how many of your children have such a thing??  Even in Norfolk??

• Like 2

I’m with MM, couldn’t live without my smartphone.
Across four email accounts (some work, some not) I probably get two or three hundred emails a day, thirty or forty of those I need to read and I probably send a similar number. Plus the texts, Facebook, forum stuff etc.
Just to add to the buzzing I’m type one diabetic and have a sensor that alerts me via my smartphone if my blood sugar goes high or low.
Today I’ve been in a meeting most of the day and it will take at least an hour to catch up on what I’ve ignored (some work, some not).
I don’t find it intrusive, it’s just become a way of life.
A lot of people probably contact me electronically because I’m not very nice to talk to ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2