Boat For Sale

Jeanie

Boat for sale. Centre cockpit 27ft classic cruiser.  4 berth in 2 cabins. Galley kitchen. Bathroom,flush toilet.Moored on Suffolk side of broads. Built in the 70,s.  Roof comes down, useful under bridges. Needs some tlc...a project for someone as needs some updating. Love her but just dont have time to use. Viewing by arrangement as in a boatyard. Offers around £4500.

Hello and welcome and yes there is

I think what Charlie is saying is that we hope members will participate on what is a friendly forum but members can post adverts too. In other words it would be a shame if you posted your advert without us getting the chance to chat with you too! 

Hope that makes sense, we are a friendly bunch :default_beerchug:

• Like 3

Hi there. Not been on here for a while. Have been boating for around 18 years. Introduced to it by expartner. I love it. Had my own boat for 17 years. But because I dont use it that much now, not so much fun on my own I have put it up for sale. I have spent time on North and South broads. Both have their own particular charm. The Norfolk Broads for me is so tranquil and I enjoy all the seasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just Right Built in 1972 - Length : 8.68 metres ( 28 feet 6 inches ) - Beam : 2.79 metres ( 9 feet 2 inches ). Grp hull colour : White, Superstructure colour : Brwn/cream 
Powered by a Single Inboard Diesel engine with a capacity of 2200 CC. Registered with the Broads Authority number J192 as a Classic Motor Private Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Saturday 18th July 2015 )

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Style_Details&style=J192

20170829_092132 jeanie.jpg

• 2 years later...

Good morning Everyone. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a Boat Project. I have a centre Cockpit 28 ft cruiser. The deck needs replacing, and other bits and bobs need repairing. Due to personal circumstances I am unable to manage boat on my own. The hull seems fine and she is floating. Engine runs, though I have not been out on her for a while. Looking for offers around 2000 pounds. I would consider a swop for small camper. Thankyou for reading.

Hi Jeanie,  if it's the same one as in the picture then she has the potential of being a very nice boat, her hull is a very strong, well made one. I had one as a hireboat. They can and do polish up well. At £2000.00 plus a potential to spend maybe £10,000.00 she's a relatively cheap boat and could be a real eye-catcher as she was when she was new. 

• Like 1

Nice hull for sure as JM states (?Foster/Classic 27?), Ive been watching with interest a telly prog called vintage voltage where classic cars are being electrified (don't laugh but my convert would be a 2cv, if the motor doesn't make the kerbside weight a tad high just a shame the donor cars can't be had for £250 from the EDP under £500 section like when I passed my driving test back in the late 80s!). This could become (more of) a maritime trend too in time, Ive seen a couple of old wooden day launches converted (Winsome and a Jack Powles one around the Thurne, any how back on topic this boat could be a blank canvass for such a conversion with strip back, remove & sell engine on and then see what layout works best, forward drive, aft cockpit, centre cockpit & aft cabin. From what I recall the Ernest Collins topped ones transit potter bridge reasonably, with a bespoke (and lightweight!) slight air draft chopped top and batteries strategically positioned to weigh it down where you want it the broads your oyster!!