A picture speaks a thousand words

Guest plesbit

Some were, some weren't. Quite a lot of them are significantly raised up on stilts and most of those were safe, though not by much margin. Others were most definitely wet. There were several occasions when walking along the road that the water was thigh deep. And no, I don't have waders. :o

The Dutch have a good idea for waterside properties a Floating house. When there is a flood the house floats up on a vertical column and subsides down after flood. Can be a range of 4 metres. The utility services feeding property are flexible with slack to cope with up and down of House. With Global warming etc Britain should adopt this approach and spefically after whats happened on the Broads new developments should follow suit. I have seen this idea on tv a few times publicising this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6405359.stm

[attachment=0]Floating House.jpg[/attachment]

yer thanks simon that pick of curlew does warm the cockles of your heart. a lot better than your legs.

i have to admit she looks better this winter than last year with all the duck shite on the boat only dirty bit is where the water line is.

pics help a lot thanks simon

Yes, the water was very cold indeed. However after a little more than about 30 secs I no longer registered any feeling in either leg so it quickly ceased to be a problem! Trouble is, it took at least 15 mins to walk from the yard to the station (where the car was)

Simon you should have phoned me we could have tapost-54-136713376907_thumb.jpgken the Range Rover :naughty: Wax Jackets and All :naughty:

Oh well! Thanks anyway. Problem is though, I don't have a wax jacket. The best I could rustle up was Berghaus fleece on visit no 1 which was duly replaced by a slightly warmer Regatta Polartec fleece on visit no 2. Is the wax jacket compulsory? :-D

simon nice idea with the over gloves don't think the wife looks to pleased and yes if i was on curlew i certainly would of done the same. friendship works in meny good ways anytime you wish to use the mop just help your self :lol::wave

Erm, I wish to lodge a complaint, yer honour(s). Why has this topic been moved to historic broads? What on earth does it have to do with the history of the broads? Somebody please move it back.