Displaying Registration Numbers

Simon

I'm looking for advice on displaying my registration number.

My first registration numbers have arrived, and I'd prefer not to stick them to the hull.

I was thinking of getting two car front number plates made then cutting them down in width,

drill two holes, use some tie wraps and fix to hand rails.

does this sound okay, is there a better/ neater way?

As long as they can be seen by the ranger there is no specific requirement to stick them to the hull. There are many yachts out there with their number hanging from the bowsprit and cruisers with numbers hanging from pulpits.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm looking for advice on displaying my registration number.

My first registration numbers have arrived, and I'd prefer not to stick them to the hull.

I was thinking of getting two car front number plates made then cutting them down in width,

drill two holes, use some tie wraps and fix to hand rails.

does this sound okay, is there a better/ neater way?

Exactly what most folk do really as long as you maintain the distance from the bow as per BA instruction's then you should be fine , I'm pretty certain most rangers are fairly relaxed on this but there are the odd ones that are not .

3 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

As long as they can be seen by the ranger there is no specific requirement to stick them to the hull. There are many yachts out there with their number hanging from the bowsprit and cruisers with numbers hanging from pulpits.

Exactly the reg no's come complete with guidelines regarding all types of vessel , stick to them and you can't go wrong .

59 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

'B.A's are not on the hull, but on the cabin sides and aft bulkhead in the well deck.  Never had a problem with any of the Rangers

Griff

Problem is most of them can spot B.A from a mile away.

Or possibly smell the special coffee? You know the one you keep plying them with.

• Haha 3

The days of screw on numbers are long gone so sticking them to the hull really is not a problem, just a matter of personal preference. As for blo@dy minded rangers I have only ever met one, and that was years ago, I really do think it unlikely that there will be a problem there!

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Looks neat, Is this a car front number plate cut down to size?

No, I had them made by a sign company in Stalham it was just white plastic with the BA signs stuck on. The company was owned by some people associated with The Dog at Ludham Bridge but alas it is now a car wash.

• Like 1