A couple of years ago I had an Isotherm that kept refusing to cool properly. Couldn't find anyone to repair it but the local caravan dealer suggested giving it a good shake. They have a problem with vans sitting in long term storage and the gas settling. So I took it out, carefully turned it upside down and back a few times and then left it overnight. Next day I reconnected it and it worked fine. Still is.

Of course any fridge shaking is at your own risk but in my case it was either shake it or bin it so I had little to lose.

37 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

A couple of years ago I had an Isotherm that kept refusing to cool properly. Couldn't find anyone to repair it but the local caravan dealer suggested giving it a good shake. They have a problem with vans sitting in long term storage and the gas settling. So I took it out, carefully turned it upside down and back a few times and then left it overnight. Next day I reconnected it and it worked fine. Still is.

Of course any fridge shaking is at your own risk but in my case it was either shake it or bin it so I had little to lose.

I can confirm that JA's method worked for us :13_upside_down:

36 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can confirm that JA's method worked for us :13_upside_down:

I'd forgotten yours. Lol

32 minutes ago, quo vadis said:

Worked for my fire extinguishers :default_coat:

Wow! How cool can you get them to run? Are we talking chilled or ice cube making? :default_biggrin:

19 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

I tried this on my old Electrolux,  it killed it completely.  I now have a very nice Waeco that actually makes ice cubes, money well spent when I add up how much gas I’m saving.

Doug.

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

How about a car air-con service place? I'm sure my isotherm fridge had a regular re-gassing valve on the system.

Trouble is a small system on a waeco fridge needs to have a test point cut in ,a car air con service are plug in ,isotherm do a remote condenser unit which has a reusable plug in coupling, i made an old fridge into new fridge one one of my boats,with this system, (still going strong), i know how to do it just getting hold of a fridge engineer who can be bothered with a small job, i used to do fridge work, but on an industrial scale, oh bring back r22!!

On 3/13/2018 at 06:47, Maxwellian said:

Brian Wards is £559. Local too. Just checked if you put NBN into discount code and apply you get it down to £492.79

We had to replace ours last year and of course used Brian Ward's. You can use the NBN discount code or if you are an accounts customer you get the discount automatically. 

Tanya & Nick will always help you out if at all possible.

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1