Hernia

I had a phone call today,and I am going in to have my op tomorrow .I have mixed feelings about it ,for sure I am nervous until it's over,but will be happy once it's done.Not had a op the closest I got was when I had the snip.I said to the Doctor will it hurt.He said only if I get my fingers in the way 

I had a hernia op three years ago , keyhole, then another two years later , open , as the first one had failed. It now gives me no problem at all ( touch wood) 

There really is nothing to it , and I think the first one failed because I felt fine after a few days and done too much too quick. Second time I put my feet up for a good few days , before easing myself in gently .

Good luck , enjoy the rest !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh Ian bless you, hope you feel better soon, what with your broken arms and Marina's wrist you've had it rough for a while haven't you?

Perhaps that's what comes from being a Chelsea supporter :default_norty:

Take care and get well soon, I'm quite sure Marina will whip you into shape :default_biggrin:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 2

Glad all went well Ian, and don't rush the recovery. Let mother nature have time to do her bit.

Now all the important bits have been said, something occurred to me the moment this thread started. I Know I'm thought to be a bit weird, I know my sense of humour is sometimes a bit 'off the wall' and I know not everybody thinks like I do   but

Hernia seems like a really nice name for a boat !

• Like 2

If you go to the boat at Easter do be careful. Even just getting on and off the boat might put a strain on things that are not quite ready for it. I would recommend asking your GP for his/her advice first.

I'm sorry if this sounds arrogant and condescending but I'd rather come across like that, than sugar coat it and fail to get my message across .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

Ian is back home with me as his nurse or that is what he might think :default_eusa_naughty:. He is in pain, but not as bad as he thought.

Heres to you Ian dear :default_icon_kiss:.

Well the photos show how comfortable his bed and Hospital Food are :default_icon_clap:.

Regards

Marina   :default_stinky:

IMG_0676.thumb.JPG.9a8e5d23d60647f42719e782325d4887.JPGIMG_0677.thumb.JPG.cc01bd0fc012765d7ba003a8bb69ba56.JPG

All the best , take it easy.

You will need to go back and get that object removed removed from your head though .:default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Good to hear that the op went ahead and that you're back home recovering. Best wishes to you and Marina ... as Grace said, you've had quite a time of it. Let's hope that spring comes back for Easter and you can get away for a few days.

• Like 2

Glad you are back home.

Tell Marina the covers are all in place but the way it keeps snowing here they may soon be white.

Sat here in the lodge watching the Yare nearly surfable.

Sod cleaning the outside of the boat, it's too cold to even try the inside.

Paul

• Like 2