Chicken In White Wine Sauce

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share my favourite dish we made last time we went to the Norfolk Broads.

We decided that one of the nights we would make chicken in white wine sauce as our kitchen on the boat was small and this was a one pan dish!

1. Firstly, brown off the chicken pieces in olive oil.
  2. Then add the shallots, chopped garlic, mushrooms, and butter and saute everything for around 5 minutes.
  3. White wine goes in the pot (my favourite step!). Boil for a few minutes.
  4. Then add the cream, bring to the boil again then simmer for around 15 minutes.
  5. You can add any herbs or spices of your preference. We like to add paprika to the sauce but parsley goes lovely with this dish!
  6. Lastly, pour the delicious chicken and sauce over your bowl of spaghetti (also works lovely with mash) and add cheese on top.

I hope this gives someone an idea for what they can make whilst cruising the Broads!

Enjoy!

:594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Charlotte

Jay and Ian are referring to me, they seem to think for some reason I have a bit of a wine addiction. I don't burn everything Jay, thank you very much :default_icon_kiss:(I know I burnt our salad, sorry)

I always use wine when I'm cooking, sometimes I may even add it to the food :default_norty:

A very warm welcome aboard the forum from me Charlotte

Grace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Hi Charlotte

Jay and Ian are referring to me, they seem to think for some reason I have a bit of a wine addiction. I don't burn everything Jay, thank you very much :default_icon_kiss:(I know I burnt our salad, sorry)

I always use wine when I'm cooking, sometimes I may even add it to the food :default_norty:

A very warm welcome aboard the forum from me Charlotte

Grace

"I always use wine when I'm cooking, sometimes I may even add it to the food :default_norty:" My thoughts exactly haha!

I hope they are great cooks if they are bashing your cooking! Although burning a salad seems like an unfortunate but amusing experience!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, charlottefayelloyd said:

I hope they are great cooks if they are bashing your cooking!

I'm sure Ian is a chef, I'm pretty good too as long as  no one comes to check that statement :default_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
On 19 March 2018 at 11:34, Chelsea14Ian said:

Indeed I am a chef,I to use wine sometimes I have to check to see if the wine is okay to go into the food.Its a hard job but someone has to do it!

What is it all the top chefs say?, never cook with anything you won't drink.

• Like 2

Met Keith Floyd some years ago when I was on holiday in Devon.

Called into a little pub for some food one lunch time and there was only about three people in there.

I stood next to a guy at the bar who was having a vino.He was very pleasant and chatty and after a while I realised it was Keith Floyd and it was his pub.He  came across as a really nice bloke and was only too happy to chat

Sad that he’s no longer with us

• Like 1